Rogue Guide by Oto

Re: Rogue Guide by Oto

by Solmyr » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:21 am

Youfie wrote:
pomfittes wrote:Is bloodfang shoulders really worth to use as horde at all? for daggers/swords - you loose 1% hit and gain like 5-6 AP

Bloodfang shoulders are only worth something if you're aiming for the 8/8 bonus.
Which makes them worthless for Daggers Rogue who need ACLG (I mean the proc rate would need to be way to high for it to be better than ACLG I guess).

Which means for Swords Rogue, the 8/8 bonus must have a good-enough proc-rate to counterract :
- the fact that BF gloves are inferior to NS ones ;
- the fact that BF spaulders are inferior to NS ones ;
- the fact that BF boots are inferior to Shadowflame / Blooddrenched.

+ the fact that upgraded R10 Helm is better than T2 too if you can get the 2/6 40 AP bonus, say with the R10 Spaulders for instance.

So it all comes down to the proc-rate, altough it's quite probable that it will have something around 1-2 PPM (seems high already), or a fixed 1-5% I guess, we could run some simulations with those numbers and CTS / Maladath I guess.

Do not underestimate the potency of BF 8/8 bonus on fresh private servers :ugeek:
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 am

Is the procrate like early peenix?
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Slicy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Aslan wrote:Is the procrate like early peenix?

:roll:

Could you correct/update the Current BiS List by adding Dragonfang Blade for MH as daggers as 1st option and Perdition's Blade as 2nd option ?

DFB results in more dps than Perdition's Blade with rest of gear being current BiS too once buffed (it remains true with ZG, as Hakkar's Heart buff is adding even more efficiency to DFB thanks to stats scaling).

Break that false years old knowledge about Perds being BiS which isn't even taking into account raiding environment, poison procs, etc.
It is not the current BiS.

You can also add 15 agi as a better option (by around 1 dps) / alternative to Superior Striking for MH dagger enchant.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stofzuigert » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:09 am

awesome guide.

A noob question, just started a rogue and was wondering how to start with my talents. I want to do the combat dagger build in your post and I suppose I start with putting talents in the combat tree. Is this correct or do you advice another tree first?
Stofzuigert
Tester

by rekc » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Slicy wrote:Could you correct/update the Current BiS List by adding Dragonfang Blade for MH as daggers as 1st option and Perdition's Blade as 2nd option ?

DFB results in more dps than Perdition's Blade with rest of gear being current BiS too once buffed (it remains true with ZG, as Hakkar's Heart buff is adding even more efficiency to DFB thanks to stats scaling).

Break that false years old knowledge about Perds being BiS which isn't even taking into account raiding environment, poison procs, etc.

You can also add 15 agi as a better option (by around 1 dps) / alternative to Superior Striking for MH dagger enchant.

So does that mean DFB/CHT is BIS for dagger rogues? At what point does this take effect (is their a crit/hit level or Agi level)
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:33 pm

rekc wrote:
Slicy wrote:Could you correct/update the Current BiS List by adding Dragonfang Blade for MH as daggers as 1st option and Perdition's Blade as 2nd option ?

So does that mean DFB/CHT is BIS for dagger rogues? At what point does this take effect (is their a crit/hit level or Agi level)

Yeah it's BiS, unless you reach the crit cap, at which point Perdition becomes a better MH. It doesn't seem to to take effect after a certain point, but *until* a point :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by fukanoshi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:18 pm

What is actual crit cap for sword/dagger rogues. Besides that wanted to ask does using feint remove threat numbers on KTM addon?
fukanoshi
Private
Private

by Youfie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:22 pm

fukanoshi wrote:What is actual crit cap for sword/dagger rogues. Besides that wanted to ask does using feint remove threat numbers on KTM addon?

Feint *should* be shown on KTm, but it currently isn't, because there should be a combat log line stating "You perform Feint on [target]" which doesn't exist here on Nostalrius. Hopefully all these combat log bugs get fixed someday.

Regarding the crit cap, it depends on your +Hit (and thus on your +Skill too). With +13% hit (Gear + talent) and 310 Dagger Skill, I have a crit cap of something like 42%-ish, iirc.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by fukanoshi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:30 pm

So basically feint works? For example, I have 10000 threat, perform feint and even if it's still shows 10000, it is actually 9200 (don't know the correct number it reduces). Thanks in advance
fukanoshi
Private
Private

by Aslan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:51 pm

fukanoshi wrote:So basically feint works? For example, I have 10000 threat, perform feint and even if it's still shows 10000, it is actually 9200 (don't know the correct number it reduces). Thanks in advance

It does work, I had quite some fun ping-ponging mobs around with that shitty tauren rogue :). 600 it should be without the new rank coming with AQ and without any T2 bonus (didnt test that one yet)
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue