Rogue Guide by Oto

Re: Rogue Guide by Oto

by TaurenRogue » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:15 pm

i quote "Your base chance to miss is 27% when dual wielding against a boss.
^this is not correct
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mynamewastaken » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 pm

TaurenRogue wrote:i quote "Your base chance to miss is 27% when dual wielding against a boss.
^this is not correct

yo are not correct
mynamewastaken
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oto » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 pm

@mynamewastaken

i dont have access to whatever that is. guess those r guides aswell. Stargazer was a rogue in our guild, not sure if u mean him.

@taurenrogue

27% is blizzlike , if thats not true here, then we have a problem i guess.
Oto
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TaurenRogue » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:44 am

http://pastebin.com/vnWTdQN5
I dont know what we have here yet since im a bit lazy... but you might wanna read the above :)

mynamewastaken wrote:yo are not correct

Possible, but not probable...
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mynamewastaken » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:12 am

Oto wrote:@mynamewastaken

i dont have access to whatever that is. guess those r guides aswell. Stargazer was a rogue in our guild, not sure if u mean him.

@taurenrogue

27% is blizzlike , if thats not true here, then we have a problem i guess.

i know, that's why I asked you. He deledted all his guides on CC and feenix for some reason...
mynamewastaken
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Uzephi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:15 am

It isn't a huge deal, but Shadowmeld for Druids and Rogues increase their effective stealth level by 1.

"Night elf rogues and druids additionally get the Elusiveness trait, which is the equivalent to one character level."
http://www.wowwiki.com/Stealth_(mechanic)

Read the Vanilla Shadowmeld tooltip wowwiki is updated with 3.0+ when elusiveness and Shadowmeld separated.

"Night Elf Rogues and Druids with Shadowmeld are more difficult to detect while stealthed or prowling."
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=20580

The usefulness is one extra stealth level means it is harder to detect them than other rogues. Great for PvP and situational for PvE situations while leveling and pick pocketing/scouting in dungeons.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Oto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:00 am

i´ll check those miss chances again. we did the math for ED and thats more than 2 years ago now. So i cant remember it all.

If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill (level * 5) and your Weapon Skill ([level * 5] + additional bonuses) is less than or equal to 10 then the formula for calculating your base miss rate against that mob is:

5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
dual-wielding: 24% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is greater than 10, then the formula for calculating your base miss rate against that mob is:

7% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
dual-wielding: 26% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
Applying these formulas gives the following base miss rate for a Level 60 character with a 300 Weapon Skill:

* v. Level 60 mob: 5.0% / dual-wield: 24%
* v. Level 61 mob: 5.5% / dual-wield: 24.5%
* v. Level 62 mob: 6.0% / dual-wield: 25%
* v. Level 63 mob: 9.0% / dual-wield: 28%

Thats what i digged up from wow.wiki

So in basic ~27 was right. and 24 is for higher weaponskills. so both might be right. but the raw number doesnt matter anyways, since its only there for "getting the point" and to know how things work.
Achieving 0% miss isnt worth it, nor possible (at least not easy).

I could change the guide now that way or not. I´ll get back to it later.

@Uzephi:

Thx for that, fixed that aswell. NE still useless tho^^
Oto
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:17 am

A list of Values for the Combat Specs
expect that crit & agi value is higher in Seal Fate Specs. Especially for BiS gear. If you want to calculate with Spirit of Zandalar just add factor *0.15 to Agi and Str. These numbers are averages and you can use them to calculate your Items, without using my spreadsheet.

Pre Raid BiS Gear buffed *[Dagger]

1 Crit = 23 AP [20]
1 Hit = 18 AP [16]
1 Agi = 2 AP [1.9]
1 Str = 1.1 AP

1 Crit = 24 AP [20]
1 Hit = 20 AP [17]
1 Agi = 1.8 AP [1.7]
1 Str = 1.0 AP

BiS Gear*[Dagger]

1 Crit = 29 AP [25]
1 Hit = 21 AP [18]
1 Agi = 2.2 AP [2]
1 Str = 1.10 AP

1 Crit = 28 AP [24]
1 Hit = 24 AP [20]
1 Agi = 2 AP [1.8]
1 Str = 1.0 AP

not sure what to do with these. i still dont have exact numbers and the gearstats will change aswell, we also have the 1.12 talenttrees and 1.4 gear, which makes it a bit difficult. so plz dont take these numbers for serious.

I´m workin on em.
Oto
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oto » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 pm

I am lookin for fellow rogues to contribute some numbers about Weapon Procs / Procrates and other special things that they might have noticed or wanna share with the stealthy community.

BRING IT ON!

so i can update my spreadsheet and make life easier for everyone.
Oto
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Setup » Sat May 09, 2015 10:15 am

IIRC, Nost was designed so you need 315 weapon skill to cap, as opposed to the 310 that's so popular on other vanilla projects and recommended by your guide. (They were unable to verify 310 as an authentic quantity, and reasoned that 5 skill per boss level was more intuitive.)

I'm too lazy to dig around for a source, but thought you should be made aware.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue