Rogue Guide by Oto

Re: Rogue Guide by Oto

by Soyoen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:02 pm

XJ9 wrote:Oto has quit playing to my knowledge. I don't expect updates from Oto for a considerable while though I think Soyoen is fairly knowledgeable as well.

In the general case I'm not half bad, although then there's some special cases like below:

Setup wrote:BTW Soyoen, Icy doesn't deal a source of frost damage, just a snare effect, so unless you're trying to apply a really good attack speed debuff, there's no reason to put it on your Viscidus weapons.

In which case I was incorrect :)

There are however alot of knowledgeable individuals both here and elsewhere, so it shouldn't be to much of a challenge to find help if needs be. The biggest arguments concerning the rogue class is mostly if not all restricted to item procs anyways so the general understanding is great ("The procrate of t0.5 energy is 3%!, no 2%, no 3,5%!, No it is PPM based damnit!") :lol:

Best of regards
Soyoen
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Fairly sure icy chill worked on visci on peenix (mangos core argument here). At least i found multiple sources that it did/does, so it might work here too for x amount of time. On a private server that is 80% blizzlike we have to ask ourselves things like this :).

By the way do you have any sources for icy chill not to work on visci? (Retail vanilla). Whats the debuff called? (Cant acess the game currently to check it)
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ohhgee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:37 pm

XJ9 wrote:Oto has quit playing to my knowledge. I don't expect updates from Oto for a considerable while though I think Soyoen is fairly knowledgeable as well.
ya Oto quit a couple months ago.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by synce1k » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:23 am

Hello Guys ! : )
I hope it is appropriate to ask this here. But Ive noticed in Oto's UI that only the newest Ranks of the Abilites are displayed which is nice and I wanted to ask how I can set this up for my other characters.
synce1k
Tester

by Fagatron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:39 am

synce1k wrote:Hello Guys ! : )
I hope it is appropriate to ask this here. But Ive noticed in Oto's UI that only the newest Ranks of the Abilites are displayed which is nice and I wanted to ask how I can set this up for my other characters.

#justroguestuff
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zzzzz » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:06 am

maybe a silly question but..why does the pre-raid bis list include 9% of hit in gear when you only need 8% to cap against bosses? Is the 5% from talents + 3% from gear not sufficient?
zzzzz
Tester

by Kenniholm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 am

Really nice guide. :P
Kenniholm
Tester

by TaurenRogue » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:17 am

zzzzz wrote:maybe a silly question but..why does the pre-raid bis list include 9% of hit in gear when you only need 8% to cap against bosses? Is the 5% from talents + 3% from gear not sufficient?

The 8.6% hit (with 300 skill for example) is the YELLOW cap which is very important (its lower with higher weapon skill so chances are you only need 8), any hit past the yellow hitcap is only related to your white misses, and as such nearly always worse than 1 crit but is still a dps boost. The reason there is so much hit on preraid bis list is simple.... blizzard slapped alot of it on good preraid gear... example: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18500 is 1 hit 15 agi (read: 0 stam, 0 spirit, 0 crap), while http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13373 has alot of useless (!) stamina :)
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ayag » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Hello,

Very informative guide. Thanks for the good read.

I wondered if there was a relation between DPS, Crit & raw AP ?
Mainly to compare items that have either raw AP or str/agi.
Something like 1 crit = x DPS & 1 AP = y dps.

It may scale with your gear and not be the same depending on current ap/crit/hit, in this case is there a raw formula ?
Cheers.
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by killdashnine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:29 pm

For how long is Maladath BiS on Horde?
It should still be BiS in AQ40, but obsolete in Naxx, right?
killdashnine
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue