[Fixed] Pick lock bugged all of a sudden

[Fixed] Pick lock bugged all of a sudden

by Tosicx » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:49 pm

I've just noticed yesterday that pick locki got somehow bugged. It was working just fine not 2 days ago.
An example: I am unable to open Stratholme doors, both ones (outside and inside)
Last edited by Tosicx on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tosicx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Pick lock bugged all of a sudden

by Solmyr » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:09 am

Can confirm it was broken yesterday evening and didn't work on Scholomance door - couldn't open with 300 lockpicking.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tosicx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Unfortunately, still do not working!
Tosicx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Confirmed. Working fine on items in inventory, but not on outdoors gameobjects like doors :(. "Failed attempt" 100% of the time.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by razvan25 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:33 pm

plz fix it is been a week now we cant open dungeon door we need keys ...
we are useless in groups with no keys ... since we cant open why u even remove something like that from a class
what are the devs doing
razvan25
Tester

by Tosicx » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:48 am

Bumperino, still not workerino
Tosicx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lecat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 am

Hi,

Are those all doors? If not, please provide us examples of doors that can't be opened.
Lecat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tosicx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:40 pm

Hello Lecat , thanks for responding.
Yes, those are all doors and it worked just fine one week ago (or something) before some patch-fix came out. It seems to be bugged after that. Lock boxes can be opened with no problem, only these 3 doors do not work. Scholomance entrance door, Stratholme Undead entrance door (both, outside the instance and inside).
This info may help, it's what i have realised.
These 3 doors are all orange to me, with 300 pick lock skill. Problem is even when i press right click to pick lock them 100 times it always says ''failed attempt'' which should be fine if it happen once or twice since its orange. I didn't had problems with BRD doors but I've heard from one rogue that he couldn't open them, because he had less skill and they were orange to him.
So my theory would be that ''failed attempt'' thing seems to appear in 100% cases.
An example, usually when you first want to gather an orange herb that requires same amount of skill that you currently have, it will probably have first few failed attempts when you right click on it.
Same thing is with pick lock, but it appears every time instead of usual once or twice in the beginning.
Hope this helps, thanks!
Tosicx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lecat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Yes it will help, thank you.

I think I identified the change that caused this "regression bug" (bug caused by a new improvement). I can't guarantee it will be fixed for very next patch but it will be addressed with high priority.
Lecat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Vices » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Tosicx wrote:Hello Lecat , thanks for responding.
Yes, those are all doors and it worked just fine one week ago (or something) before some patch-fix came out. It seems to be bugged after that. Lock boxes can be opened with no problem, only these 3 doors do not work. Scholomance entrance door, Stratholme Undead entrance door (both, outside the instance and inside).
This info may help, it's what i have realised.
These 3 doors are all orange to me, with 300 pick lock skill. Problem is even when i press right click to pick lock them 100 times it always says ''failed attempt'' which should be fine if it happen once or twice since its orange. I didn't had problems with BRD doors but I've heard from one rogue that he couldn't open them, because he had less skill and they were orange to him.
So my theory would be that ''failed attempt'' thing seems to appear in 100% cases.
An example, usually when you first want to gather an orange herb that requires same amount of skill that you currently have, it will probably have first few failed attempts when you right click on it.
Same thing is with pick lock, but it appears every time instead of usual once or twice in the beginning.
Hope this helps, thanks!

I am fairly certain BRD doors are bugged in the same way as I can't open these either with 300 lockpicking skill (do not have BRD key).
hello
Vices
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Rogue