Levelling first rogue

Re: Levelling first rogue

by Gelbin » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:03 am

For pvpv and lvling you will improved sap though. For the rest, it looks much like I would make my build.
"I won't stand for that!" - Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gelbin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shadow » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 pm

To be honest, I was planning on playing a subtlety/combat rogue even though I've read on some posts that they are not popular for dungeons and so on and so forth. As for race/best talent build I say you pick whatever fits best with your style; don't listen to others. Just cause one prefers assassin style over combat or subtlety, that does not diminish the quality of the other builds.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:32 pm

What about going this route?
http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?tal ... 55i5c5013j
or
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... j5005013i0

My reasoning: Ruthlessness and Relentless Strikes would only provide something if you don't finish your target after your combo.

My combo would be: Ambush, Ghostly Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Eviscerate.

Alternative would be: Ambush, Ghostly Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Cheap Shot, Backstab

After that the mob should in most cases be dead?

With my rotation, you use slice and dice right after your opener. If you do the extra energy proc, you can ghostly strike right after your slice and dice. Or if you are fighting a caster where ghostly strike is not needed, and the extra combo point procs, you can instead of gouge & wait and then backstab, you can now kidney shot, still be attacking your target and backstab.

Also having no points in MoD is frustrating.
Also if your eviscerate doesn't kill the target, a lot of times you will get the bonus energy and bonus combo point, and allow you to do two in a row for low energy cost.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Riilexi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:43 am

Imp gouge is super good, there are very few builds I play that don't have it in it. I just can't... 1.5 extra sec to bandage when you're fighting an elite... fighting a horde, whatever. Just golden.

-my 2c
Riilexi
Private
Private

by Tunare » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:44 am

Ive always been a maces fan, but i ran around with field marshal weapons back in classic. I always loved the stun.
Tunare
Private
Private

by LeChat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Always wondered if PvP with mace spec with Ironfoe or something like that was something viable...
LeChat
Private
Private

by jest3r » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 am

Hi everyone,

Started leveling my first rogue yesterday, did 10 levels. Took imp SS. Since the wowprovider is down, could you please repost some of the talent specs for leveling?

Thanks.
jest3r
Tester

by godders » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 am

All talent tree links are down any chance someone could re-post them please
godders
Tester

by egbert » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:41 am

godders wrote:All talent tree links are down any chance someone could re-post them please

Yes would much appreciate if someone would re post the links.

Thanks in advance
egbert
Private
Private

by malleus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:38 am

Also as a tip to new Rogues,
One of the things that often gets lost amid the conversation about openers and DPS is that time spent in stealth approaching and getting in position for your opener is time that could be spent using your energy bar to kill it with Sin. Strikes.

Just my opinion, but I find stealth mostly useless in PVE, unless there's a "kill the boss" quest. Using a stealth opener also means you have to fight AT the mob's location, which is often very close to other mobs. Ranged pulls with a thrown dagger let you control the location of the fight and get you into the action fast.

Naturally you can't sap if you're doing ranged or face pulls, but mobs are usually either loosely roaming in singles where it doesn't matter or packed up in camps where sapping 1 just means you're going to pull the entire camp -1 mob. Not arguing that sap is never useful in PVE, but that I find simple ranged pulls and bashing mobs with a SS opener to be safer and generally more kills per 5 minutes than creeping around in stealth trying to be clever.

Admittedly, running around without stealth in heavy PVP environments is detrimental to your health, but that's a PVP problem, not a "which opener is best" problem. And heck if they're going to gank you, they're going to do it when you're busy with a mob anyways.

Oh, one last thing...if you accidentally pull 3-5 mobs with a ranged pull you're often standing quite close to the mobs leash range, so if you have plenty of time to run away and reset the fight. My rule for leveling is "don't stand in the campfire"
malleus
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue