Hunter Best PVP race

Re: Hunter Best PVP race

by Ardeith » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:51 am

Aimed shot -> multishot -> arcaneshot from shadowmeld is so much fun in pvp(aimed doesnt break shadowmeld until after the cast is finished)

This is no longer the case in 1.12, stealth break at the beginning of the cast. Still shadow meld is much more fun than dwarf racial. Check around 1.10 patch note, i dont remember which one changed that.

The dwarf racial is mainly usefull against rogue ( remove poison and blind ), knowing that hunter already got a lot of tools to counter rogue i really prefer playing with shadowmeld ( more fun and usefulness ).
Ardeith
Grunt
Grunt

by limitless1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 am

Do hunter's have trouble with rouges in general ?
limitless1
Tester

by Shadow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:16 am

limitless1 wrote:Do hunter's have trouble with rouges in general ?

Well, it depends on many variables. As a rogue, (talking from my point of view) one can choose when and where to fight and the target of his attack because of the element of surprise. A skilled rogue is able to test from the first few seconds of the fight if his attack is successful of not and whether he needs to do a fast exit or not. Other classes don't have the possibility to escape a nasty situation as a rogue does.
Also, a skilled rogue will most likely keep you in stun lock and most targets are dead before they even realize what is happening around them. (if you get sapped/blinded or whatever for a long time your beast is sure to die before it can jump to your aid; a hunter without his beast is a much weaker foe)
On the other hand, as a hunter you can track humans and you'll be able to spot foes (even rogues when not in stealth) around you if you keep an eye out. It also depends on what talents you have.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Karmacode » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Dessel wrote:
Karmacode wrote:Feign Death -> Shadowmeld

Not having stealth as a ranger class just feels wrong to me.

What's roleplay needs got to do with 'best'? Kinda obvious what he's asking.

On topic: Orc for the stun resist. Watch the tears of warriors when intercept is resisted ;)

Yes, I'm sure being able to stealth every time you FD, eat/drink or simply are out of combat has everything to do with roleplaying. Stoneform is great, but First Aid's poison cleanses are available to everyone, Dwarves do make UD Priests cry bitter tears though (also the obvious PvE diseases, but PvP's the topic).

I agree that Orc is a good choice on the Horde side, though there's not really any "bad" Hunter races (shame you can't get an Undead Hunter for maximum cheese). You also get to resist HoJ, which usually heralds an incoming 3+ player paintrain.
Tauren Warstomp is a good way for 150ms+ ping Hunters to save Scattershot when they FD/trap, that health increase is nothing to scoff at either when combined with Survivalist.
Troll is the obvious PvE hero, berzerking is neat with Rapid Fire, but otherwise the weakest PvP Hunter race Horde-side.
Karmacode
Private
Private

by ironsides » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:18 pm

limitless1 wrote:Do hunter's have trouble with rouges in general ?

Dwarf hunters should never lose to rogues on equal cool down footings unless the rogue uses SOID or the hunter is incredibly outgeared
Dwarf hunter is strongest followed by Orc>tauren>troll
Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll hit the stars <3
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gabgab » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 am

if you lose as a rogue with preperation against a hunter then you should uninstall WoW
just keep enough jungle remedy in your bags, a succesfull vanish and 2nd cheapshot kills any hunter
if you are still a scrub, go engineer and build a frost reflect trinket
Gabgab
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Hunter