Why Are Hunter Not Popular?

Why Are Hunter Not Popular?

by Antility » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 am

yes just wondering why hunters seem to not be very popular for vanilla?

according to that poll the mod put up, hunter is the 2nd least selected class people will play

why is this? i always thought hunters were always top of the class representation?
Make America Great Again

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kqvXwAj.gif[/img]
Antility
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Why Are Hunter Not Popular?

by arrows » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:17 am

Shhhhhhh....

No questions. I need all the loots!
arrows
Grunt
Grunt

by callex » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:18 am

Its cause they were actually hard to play in vanilla.
callex
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PeaceHammer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:20 am

*shrug*

I dunno. They're my fav class in Vanilla.

But yeah, they are different from retail. Having to manage your dead zone can be annoying.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Smorgeybork » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:22 am

They were a bit of a broken class in vanilla, they almost didn't make it into the game due to time constraints.
Smorgeybork
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Blake » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:23 am

They are alot different from current hunters. I joined WoW in BC and never experienced Vanilla hunter, but raided as one up until Naxx on Feenix. I cleared the demons for Rhok on there, and it was very fucking hard. Kiting is a real skill hunters have to learn. They are alot of fun though. You are mainly used for removing enrages in raids though.
wow i'm an idiot
Blake
Private
Private

by Orion » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 am

Hunters are not very popular on private servers for various reasons. The first thing is that Hunters simply do not do as much damage as other classes. For this reason they have limited use in raids, mainly Tranq shot in T1 and T2 content. After T1 and T2, they do not support the raid very much, so if they cant compete on the meters, they ussually lose their raid spots. That doesn't mean that they do crap dps either... I've seen a few players with "clever use of game mechanics" compete just fine on the dps meters. The second reason I guess would be is that Hunters pets are often bugged on private servers, making it hard to do maximum damage for various reasons.
Orion
Tester

by Kurt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 am

Because their DPS sux and they're hard to play. They're usually brought for nat resist and dispellin rages.

In world PvP they're pretty good.
Kurt
Private
Private

by rptb1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 am

Kurt wrote:In world PvP they're pretty good.

This, if you know what you're doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr9ywx7a6mU
rptb1
Grunt
Grunt

by mrmr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:15 am

Kurt wrote:Because their DPS sux and they're hard to play. They're usually brought for nat resist and dispellin rages.

In world PvP they're pretty good.

Because comments like this one...

Most people talking like that have no clue how good hunters were.
Their minds poisoned by years and years of broken pserver shits, like the retarded feenix's buff-stacking.
They play rogues/warriors there and believe it's how it was in vanilla. It just wasn't like that :)
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Hunter