"The Hunt for Rhok'delar" Guide

Re: The Hunt for Rhok'delar Guide

by harzaa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Ty a lot for this guide. My kills were almost flawless!
harzaa
Grunt
Grunt

by Barwat1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks for the awesome guide ! :)
Barwat1
Tester

by Pyroghost » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:17 am

This guide doesn't include the bugged 7 hour even if killed, working as intended?
Pyroghost
Private
Private

Re: "The Hunt for Rhok'delar" Guide

by Legron » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:44 am

Klinfran is really hard nowadays...
Venomous / Legron / Palamedic

It's my bike now.
Legron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bobanhanzz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Nice guide. But whats up the spawn timer? Are you guys seriously running around and searching for 2-3+ hours? I have only been looking for Artorius the Doombringer. But he is nowhere to be found according to the map.
Bobanhanzz
Tester

by Fey » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:59 pm

I've heard that Klinfran has a shorter enrage timer now. That's easily rectified. I have an addon to track important things like cast timers and debuff durations, and my Scorpid Sting is usually between 7-9 seconds remaining before he enrages again, if I cast Scorpid again right after he enrages. The addon is Natur EnemyCastBars if anyone is wondering.

Just smack him twice with a 2H or three times with each 1H and then wing clip and GTFO. Wait for enrage, hit him with scorpid, hop back in again. Don't use Raptor Strike or Mongoose Bite. I didn't even have to use any mana potions for this when I did it for a friend recently (though I did anyway), and I one-shot it. Several times, because people kept asking me to do it. This is a battle of mechanics, not DPS, so be patient and stay on rhythm with his enrages and you'll be fine.

For the guy in Winterspring, here's a useful macro for kiting him:
Raziya wrote:/cast Arcane Shot(rank 1)
/cast Serpent Sting

Test it to make sure it works before engaging the demon. This is the macro you spam the crap out of to kill him while kiting him. It's called a "fall-through macro." It will cast Rank 1 Arcane Shot on cooldown, and Serpent Sting when it's unable to cast Arcane Shot. This will ensure that you keep him on you.

I came here to submit the macro, but then I remembered that rumor about Klinfran's enrage timer, so... yeah.

Bobanhanzz wrote:Nice guide. But whats up the spawn timer? Are you guys seriously running around and searching for 2-3+ hours? I have only been looking for Artorius the Doombringer. But he is nowhere to be found according to the map.

The spawn locations I've found in coordinates are:

Burning Steppes: 25.0, 65.0
Winterspring: 60.3, 13.2
Un'goro: 37.4, 48.0
Silithus: 24.3, 75.5

Note that Nostalrius has a tendency to randomly screw with things, but those are the coordinates I marked when I found certain demons with my Cartographer addon. Be aware that Un'goro isn't exact, but if you wait near that location, around the water's edge, you should see her spawn or patrol by directly to the east, in the middle of a bunch of mobs. Also, be aware that Silithus is unconfirmed, but suspected. When I traveled there to get mine, I found him just walking around, and I've never seen his actual spawn point on Nostalrius. You should, however, see his spawn point from that location. If things remain otherwise unchanged, you should be able to find 'em all a-okay.

If you don't have a coordinate addon to mark stuff with, get yourself Cartographer and use its note system to jot down those four locations. If you'd rather not, a more difficult way of doing things is to use a coordinate macro to check your location. I typically use that to mark locations with Cartographer's note system, but you can use them to tell if you're getting closer to something in-game if you spam it. Please check my Hunter Macros & Tips thread, in my signature below, for the coordinates macro. It's under the miscellaneous category.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by GroZzy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:28 pm

I got it :)
GroZzy
Private
Private

by nekanaet » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:10 am

Klinfran not a 20 min spawn. Her spawn ~ 2:50 hours any way, not important kill or despawn.
upd: 20 min resp work if demon be killed from one target by one try. Confirmed few minutes ago.
nekanaet
Tester

by Cargalia » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:03 pm

someone confirm if these go up as Demon tracking. or only once spoken to ?
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:48 am

I saw someone kill a demon in humanoid form in Burning Steppes. I like to talk with them first though because then you have a better view of their stuff.

Despite being in humanoid form, demons do show up on demon tracker, yes.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter