Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 pm

Dreez wrote:I know this one is kinda bad (in terms of compatibility and stuff) but it should work in any case:
Code: Select all
/run if(CheckInteractDistance("target", 3)and not PlayerFrame.inCombat)then AttackTarget()else for i=1,99 do if GetActionTexture(i)==GetInventoryItemTexture("player", 18)and not IsAutoRepeatAction(i)then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot")end end end

- does not include selecting a new target if none is selected as that didn't fit in
- still requires autoshot to be on any actionslot

actually not sure how exactly bartender works but i'm gonna assume the extra bars simply are higher action slot numbers

Well I use autoshot as the very first button on action bar one. So it should be (1) no matter what. It would make logical sense anyways. So idk why it wouldn't work. But I'll have to revise it once I get home from work.
Rangrim - Dwarf - Hunter - [Alliance] <Tinker Town Mafia> [PvP Server]
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 pm

From what I understand, it seems to re-arrange the action bars. They're the same action slots, they just look different or exist in different places.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Fey wrote:From what I understand, it seems to re-arrange the action bars. They're the same action slots, they just look different or exist in different places.

Ah okay, well I'll run the script Dre said and will see what it comes up with.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by killa162 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:31 am

Dreez wrote:run this while having your mouse over the autoshot key (not the macro!) in your action bar and link the result

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() )

"ActionButton1" is what came up. Even with Bartender2 running.

So I have it looking like this now

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(1) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot") end

Okay so it's working now somehow. It was set to 1/1 like I said before. but not it's set to 3/1 in order where the numbers need to be placed ofc, and it works now. Weird, wonder how it would kick off when it was set to 1/1. Oh well, it works now though.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dreez » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:35 am

killa162 wrote:Okay so it's working now somehow. It was set to 1/1 like I said before. but not it's set to 3/1 in order where the numbers need to be placed ofc, and it works now. Weird, wonder how it would kick off when it was set to 1/1. Oh well, it works now though.

CheckInteractDistance("target", 1)
checks for a range of 28 yards while 3 checks for a range of 9.9 yards (melee range)
glad you got it working now
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Fey » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 pm

Thank you for your help, Dreez. I'm glad you got your problem solved, killa. :)
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Legron » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:05 am

Hmm, can't find Wind Serpent LB's spam script from range, can you share one?
Venomous / Legron / Palamedic

It's my bike now.
Legron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:15 pm

A lightning bolt spam script? I've never used a wind serpent before, but I presume it would be something simple, like:

Raziya wrote:/script CastPetAction(10);
/cast Lightning Bolt

Maybe the lines should be reversed, but I don't know if it would cause the serpent to not cast anything at all. I guess you could give it a try if the current way doesn't really work.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cruzix » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Fey wrote:A lightning bolt spam script? I've never used a wind serpent before, but I presume it would be something simple, like:

Raziya wrote:/script CastPetAction(10);
/cast Lightning Bolt

Maybe the lines should be reversed, but I don't know if it would cause the serpent to not cast anything at all. I guess you could give it a try if the current way doesn't really work.

Why do you want a macro for that?, just make it auto cast LB and then attack with it and make it stay once in LB range. it'll auto spam it then.
Cruzix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:31 am

Oh, then what you want is a pet stay / pet aggressive macro. Or, passive + stay + attack. You can piece that together easily with scripts in the OP. It would look like this:

Raziya wrote:/script CastPetAction(2);
/script CastPetAction(10);
/script PetAttack(target)

Just make sure LB is on auto cast and I think that will work.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter