Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by phyriel » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:25 am

If you're knowledgable enough to improve it so it works in all places it would be insane, the problem is minimap doesnt provide a lot of targeting options. About Totem Killing macro, sadly its not viable option. Its ok if you're 1v1 vs shaman but in bg situation it will target anything close with similar nick, leads to breaking CC and such, dont USE!
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Miaari » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi Rizyia! Awesome macros! I was wondering is it possible to put aspect of the monkey in the melee macro? So that it changes to aspect of the monkey first and keeps it on, so if u spam the button the aspect wont come off?

Edit: oh and also if its possible to put wing clip in it too, but not keep spamming wing clip so it dont waste mana if its already on?

Edit2: Also I noticed that the viper/scorpid sting doesnt work on druids that are shapeshifted? same with the arcane shot macro(when i changed arcane shot to multi-shot) it doesnt work on druids, for some reason it says there is no target when they are shapeshifted.

(btw sorry if my english is bad, its not my first language)
Miaari
Tester

by Fey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi there Miaari. :)

Yes. If you add this line:
Raziya wrote:/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Hunter_AspectOfTheMonkey" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") else end

Then you'll find it won't take Aspect of the Monkey off. That's from my Deterrence macro, but right now I'm specced for PvE and don't have Deterrence.

I'm not sure what you could do about Wing Clip, sorry. I give it its own macro:
Raziya wrote:/script if (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() end
/cast Counterattack(Rank 1)
/cast Wing Clip
/cast Wing Clip(Rank 2)
/cast Wing Clip(Rank 1)

If for whatever reason you don't have the mana for max rank wing clip, it will fall through to rank 2 or rank 1. It will also automatically target the closest enemy in a cone in front of you within 40 yards, and if you have Counterattack, it will use Counterattack.

As for the viper / scorpid, that's an issue, yeah. I tried the macro on a druid in cat and bear, which didn't work, but in travel it cast viper sting. Turns out if I hit Scorpid Sting on its own, not in the macro, it works on a druid in cat or bear, but even if I throw /cast Scorpid Sting at the end of the macro, it doesn't go off. I thought it would fall through.

I unfortunately have no solution for that at this time. Sorry! If you do find a solution, I would be overjoyed to hear it. That macro is a favorite of mine and the fact that it's broken is disappointing and truly unfortunate.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cargalia » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 am

why use that whole script for freezing trap if:
/cast feign death
/cast freezing trap
works in the same way ?
is it so you don't burn FD if your not incombat ?
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:05 am

Cargalia wrote:why use that whole script for freezing trap if:
/cast feign death
/cast freezing trap
works in the same way ?
is it so you don't burn FD if your not incombat ?

Not only will it not use FD if you're not in combat, allowing you to harmlessly place a trap without the possibility of accidentally burning your FD, but it also will pull your pet back to you if your target is in melee range, preventing the pet from breaking it. You can change the last part if you want to always bring your pet back to you with this script:

Raziya wrote:/script PetPassiveMode();
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:14 pm

UPDATE: The OP has received links to three new videos. They are a basic damage rotation video, a burst rotation video, and a Maraudon farm video.

I know the Nost devs took away DM N farming, but to be fair, that involved an exploit. Maraudon farming is 100% legal, and pretty much everyone knows about it already, so I figured it couldn't hurt to give y'all a guide for farming it. I hope the new videos help y'all out. Please don't hesitate to leave a comment here or on one of my videos if you would like a video guide for something specific. :)

Edit: UPDATE 2: I made a video guide to the Bloodaxe Worg solo tame. If you would like to see it, the OP has been updated with a seventh video. The related thread can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30082
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by euronmisc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 am

Just wanted to drop in and thank you, this was (and still is) super helpful!

Xoxo ily and ur cute fey.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fey » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:54 pm

Five new addons have been added to the AddOns.zip file linked in the OP. They include an in-game hunter pet ability tracker, improved mailing capabilities, a PvP rank calculator, improved inspection capabilities, and an addon that allows you to copy links in-game, for easier sharing of stuff like forum threads or YouTube videos.

Have a look if any of that sounds interesting!
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lynx- » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey, thanks a lot Fey for this topic it has helped me a lot!

I'm not sure about the pet attack macros in this thread as I haven't tried them out for myself, here's the one I use which I've found to be very useful;

Code: Select all
/script if UnitExists("target") then if a==0 then PetAttack(target) a=1 else if UnitExists("pettarget") and UnitIsUnit("target", "pettarget") then PetFollow("Azezz") a=0 else PetAttack(target) end;end; else PetFollow("Azezz") a=0 end;

Press it once and your pet attacks your target. Press it again and it makes the pet return. Note: You need to replace the two "Azezz" with your in game name for it to work.

Found here
Lynx-
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter