Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by phyriel » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 am

Looking for a macro for killing shaman totems with pet, I found a macro

/target Tremor Totem
/script PetAttack();
/script TargetLastTarget();
/script PetPassiveMode();

Looking for a way to put like 3 totems in 1 macro, like windfury, poison cleansing and grounding. Any ideas?
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:26 pm

phyriel wrote:Looking for a macro for killing shaman totems with pet, I found a macro

/target Tremor Totem
/script PetAttack();

Looking for a way to put like 3 totems in 1 macro, like windfury, poison cleansing and grounding. Any ideas?

Code: Select all
/run local c=UnitName t=TargetByName t("Windfury Totem")if(not c("target")=="Windfury Totem"))then t("Grounding Totem")if(not c("target")=="Grounding Totem"))then t("Poison Cleansing")end end PetAttack()TargetLastTarget()PetPassiveMode()

however I doubt putting the pet on passive mode is a good idea (should make it stop attacking)
as a short explanation:
the priority in this macro is:
Windfury > Grounding > Poison Cleansing Totem
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Legron » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Fey wrote:Oh, then what you want is a pet stay / pet aggressive macro. Or, passive + stay + attack. You can piece that together easily with scripts in the OP. It would look like this:

Raziya wrote:/script CastPetAction(2);
/script CastPetAction(10);
/script PetAttack(target)

Just make sure LB is on auto cast and I think that will work.

Sadly, this one didnt worked as intended, tried with passive / agressive....pet is starting moving...well...previous script worked, you just have to spam click for every LB cast, pet isn't moving
Venomous / Legron / Palamedic

It's my bike now.
Legron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Damn. Sorry, Legron.

Thanks, Dreez. The petpassive script should come before petattack, to default the pet to passive for control and have petattack be its last command. That will prevent the pet from stopping its attack altogether.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by phyriel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Dreez wrote:
phyriel wrote:Looking for a macro for killing shaman totems with pet, I found a macro

/target Tremor Totem
/script PetAttack();

/run local c=UnitName t=TargetByName t("Windfury Totem")if(not c("target")=="Windfury Totem"))then t("Grounding Totem")if(not c("target")=="Grounding Totem"))then t("Poison Cleansing")end end PetAttack()TargetLastTarget()PetPassiveMode()

however I doubt putting the pet on passive mode is a good idea (should make it stop attacking)
as a short explanation:
the priority in this macro is:
Windfury > Grounding > Poison Cleansing Totem

Throws some ('= blabla expected error
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:49 pm

yeah, messed it up: two brackets too much

/run local c=UnitName t=TargetByName t("Windfury Totem")if(not c("target")=="Windfury Totem")then t("Grounding Totem")if(not c("target")=="Grounding Totem")then t("Poison Cleansing")end end PetAttack()TargetLastTarget()PetPassiveMode()
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by phyriel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Fey wrote:Damn. Sorry, Legron.

Thanks, Dreez. The petpassive script should come before petattack, to default the pet to passive for control and have petattack be its last command. That will prevent the pet from stopping its attack altogether.

If PetAttack is last command it will follow TargetLastTarget won't it?
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Err, yeah, possibly. Try petpassive > petattack > targetlasttarget, that should be functional.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by phyriel » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Wanna share 2 flare macros with you guys:

/cast Flare
/run Minimap:PingLocation(GetPlayerMapPosition("player"))

This one is special in a way that it will cast flare exactly on your posittion using minimap ping, advantage is that you only need to click this once and you dont have to confirm a green reticule. Problem I have with this macro is that it doesn't work in all places as it zeroes to "sea level" or sth like that... so in quite a few places you get "out of range" error. If you have an idea how to fix that it would be nice;p

/cast Flare
/script SetBinding('r','CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE')

This one is special in a way that you can bind a key to confirm reticule if you dont like confirming places with mouse BUT it will "consume" that key from binding options. With example above you can bind macro under Shift+R or anything else and confirm place with R
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 pm

A script to perform a minimap ping in order to place a flare? Interesting! Thank you for your contribution. :)
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter