Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:35 pm

2.1 - AUTO SHOT
As strange as it might sound to have a macro for something as simple as auto-shot, this has actually proven to be very useful in Nostalrius.

Raziya wrote:
/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(3) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot") end

Just started using macros at lvl 27 for more ease. And this macro even hitting it multiple times still acts as if I just have autoshot on the bar itself. Meaning it will toggle on and off hitting it over and over. You claimed it doesn't toggle off no matter if you spam it or not. It does autotarget thou even thou I target my own targets I did test that and that part of the macro works fine.
Rangrim - Dwarf - Hunter - [Alliance] <Tinker Town Mafia> [PvP Server]
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Odd. Are you certain it's on the correct key, or reconfigured to whatever new key you use?
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Fey wrote:Odd. Are you certain it's on the correct key, or reconfigured to whatever new key you use?

My autoshot is on key one so I have both numbers that are (3) as (1) to fix for it. And I haven't don't anything else to the macro so I don't know what's wrong with it.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Don't change both 3s, only change the 3 in "IsAutoRepeatAction(3)" - the other one is a distance checker, and 1 is not a good setting for Auto Shot.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dreez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

run this while having your mouse over the autoshot key (not the macro!) in your action bar and link the result

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() )
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:11 pm

Fey wrote:Don't change both 3s, only change the 3 in "IsAutoRepeatAction(3)" - the other one is a distance checker, and 1 is not a good setting for Auto Shot.

Okay I'll try that.

Dreez wrote:run this while having your mouse over the autoshot key (not the macro!) in your action bar and link the result

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() )

What would this even do? But I'll do it when I'm home.
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dreez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:16 pm

it returns the name of the frame your mouse points at, thus telling us what the number of the key you put autoshot on is

in case you are using any kind of action bar addons the autoshot macro will cease to work
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by killa162 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Dreez wrote:it returns the name of the frame your mouse points at, thus telling us what the number of the key you put autoshot on is

in case you are using any kind of action bar addons the autoshot macro will cease to work

Oh really? then... will any of the macros work in this guide? I use bartender2
killa162
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:39 pm

All macros are functional; I use them myself. Identifying the action bar slot is useful for configuring macros such as the Auto Shot one.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dreez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:30 pm

I know this one is kinda bad (in terms of compatibility and stuff) but it should work in any case:
Code: Select all
/run if(CheckInteractDistance("target", 3)and not PlayerFrame.inCombat)then AttackTarget()else for i=1,99 do if GetActionTexture(i)==GetInventoryItemTexture("player", 18)and not IsAutoRepeatAction(i)then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot")end end end

- does not include selecting a new target if none is selected as that didn't fit in
- still requires autoshot to be on any actionslot

actually not sure how exactly bartender works but i'm gonna assume the extra bars simply are higher action slot numbers
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter