Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by Fey » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 am

Overtime wrote:Here's a 1 button pet attack/follow macro.

Code: Select all
/script if UnitExists("target") then if a ==0 then PetAttack(target) a=1 else if UnitExists("pettarget") and UnitIsUnit("target", "pettarget") then PetFollow("Tsaza") a=0 else PetAttack(target) end;end; else PetFollow("Tsaza") a=0 end;

A convenient addition, Overtime. Thanks for the contribution! I tend to spam buttons though, so I keep separate hotkeys and prefer it that way, personally, but I'm sure someone will definitely appreciate that macro. This is why I started looking for Vanilla macros in the first place - constantly turning off my Auto Shot by spamming the hotkey simply would not do!
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by AgentMulder » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Sticky!!
AgentMulder
Grunt
Grunt

by Fey » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:22 am

Hey, everyone! I just got Dash for my snow leopard, Glacia, and I wanted to make it so that she dashes to a target. Here's the new petattack macro:

/script CastPetAction(10);
/script PetAttack(target)
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) then PetAttack(target) else CastSpellByName("Dash") end

I added a distance check so that if I'm far away from a target, it performs dash, but if I'm close, it doesn't bother. The downside is that if my pet is far away, and something attacks me in melee, dash won't trigger as I pull my pet back to me. I literally just made this macro, so I don't know how big of an issue that'll be, or if the distance check will be pointless as I micro my pet on mobs I hold on the distance, but I'll update if it turns out to be a bad idea. If anyone has any idea how to check distance from the pet's location, or has any other brighter idea about how to conserve this CD until it's needed within this macro, I would love you forever!!

I also made a change to my Aspect Situational macro. It was formerly this:
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") else CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Hawk") end

But it had a few kinks in it. I changed it to this:
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") else CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Hawk") end

And that seems to work just fine. I edited the OP with the change to the Aspect Situational macro.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kazarak » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 pm

I'm 26 right now, so I don't have all the toys yet, but I'm using three main macros:

"Attack DPS": Sends in the pet, starts auto-attacking, and then casts Mongoose Bite and Raptor Strike if I'm in melee, or Arcane Shot if I'm not. This is my main spam key.

/run c=CastSpellByName PetAttack(target) if CheckInteractDistance("target",1) then if not PlayerFrame.inCombat then AttackTarget() end c("Mongoose Bite") c("Raptor Strike") else if not IsAutoRepeatAction(26) then c("Auto Shot") end c("Arcane Shot") end

"Snare": Casts Wing Clip if I'm in melee or Concussive Shot if I'm not.

/run c=CastSpellByName if CheckInteractDistance("target",1) then c("Wing Clip") else c("Concussive Shot") end

"Auto-Attack": Starts the appropriate auto-attack.

/run c=CastSpellByName i=IsAutoRepeatAction if CheckInteractDistance("target",1) and not i(25) then AttackTarget() elseif not i(26) then c("Auto Shot") end
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 am

Kazarak wrote:I'm 26 right now, so I don't have all the toys yet, but I'm using three main macros:

"Attack DPS": Sends in the pet, starts auto-attacking, and then casts Mongoose Bite and Raptor Strike if I'm in melee, or Arcane Shot if I'm not. This is my main spam key.

/run c=CastSpellByName PetAttack(target) if CheckInteractDistance("target",1) then if not PlayerFrame.inCombat then AttackTarget() end c("Mongoose Bite") c("Raptor Strike") else if not IsAutoRepeatAction(26) then c("Auto Shot") end c("Arcane Shot") end

"Snare": Casts Wing Clip if I'm in melee or Concussive Shot if I'm not.

/run c=CastSpellByName if CheckInteractDistance("target",1) then c("Wing Clip") else c("Concussive Shot") end

"Auto-Attack": Starts the appropriate auto-attack.

/run c=CastSpellByName i=IsAutoRepeatAction if CheckInteractDistance("target",1) and not i(25) then AttackTarget() elseif not i(26) then c("Auto Shot") end

I don't really like the first macro you proposed as-is, particularly Arcane Shot's presence there is annoying and I might want to Auto Shot something my pet's not hitting, but actually combining Raptor Strike and Mongoose Bite with the Auto Shot / Auto Attack macro is a great idea.

Your second macro is more interesting. It would surely save a keybind! I'm sure you could add Counterattack on there as well for the melee casts, in priority over Wing Clip, of course.

Speaking of saving keybinds, I wonder if there's a good Aimed Shot / Arcane Shot macro out there, since they're on the same CD. I'm not certain what would be ideal, but what comes to mind is a movement-based macro; if I'm moving, arcane shot. If I'm not, aimed shot. Then again, maybe I'll want to cast Arcane Shot for whatever reason while I'm standing still, like if my Aimed Shot is definitely not going to go off and I have nothing more important to cast. Then again-again, I'd need to move to drop the Aimed Shot cast so I could cast Arcane Shot anyway! I'll have to think on it, I guess.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kazarak » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Couple of questions:

Is there a way to macro, "If X is on cool-down, cast Y, else cast X"?

I know in Live, you can add "/Showtooltip X" or something to a macro so it displays the appropriate icon/tooltip/cool-down/availability. Is there a way to do something similar in Vanilla?
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by HapoX » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Very good macros and a very nice thread!

You spoke abit about adding the pet abillites Prowl and Dash to attack macros. I have tried to get this to work a very long time but i can't get Prowl to act with Pet attack, the reason i think is becuse Prowl has some kind of casting time that either makes the pet attack without using Prowl at all, or prowling without attacking the target.

My current solution is that i have a macro for Hunter´s Mark and Prowl which i use before i use my petattack/autoshot macro. But if anyone could find a way to get Prowl into an Petattack macro i would be very happy!

I also wish there was a macro that would check if the target has Hunter's Mark. And cast it only if Hunter's Mark is not active on the target.
HapoX
Tester

by Fey » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Kazarak wrote:Couple of questions:

Is there a way to macro, "If X is on cool-down, cast Y, else cast X"?

I know in Live, you can add "/Showtooltip X" or something to a macro so it displays the appropriate icon/tooltip/cool-down/availability. Is there a way to do something similar in Vanilla?

Not that I know of, but I lumped multi-shot and Volley into the same macro just to see if it would work (definitely not keeping it) and any time my Multi-Shot doesn't go off, it seems to put out the volley circle, but it's unreliable from the limited testing I've done.

I did something like that showtooltip thing with traps before I fixed up my macro. Put this at the start of any macro with the ability you want the tooltip to show:
/run if x==y then CastSpellByName("Immolation Trap") else end
This will not serve as a cast because X will never be equal to Y.

HapoX wrote:Very good macros and a very nice thread!

You spoke abit about adding the pet abillites Prowl and Dash to attack macros. I have tried to get this to work a very long time but i can't get Prowl to act with Pet attack, the reason i think is becuse Prowl has some kind of casting time that either makes the pet attack without using Prowl at all, or prowling without attacking the target.

My current solution is that i have a macro for Hunter´s Mark and Prowl which i use before i use my petattack/autoshot macro. But if anyone could find a way to get Prowl into an Petattack macro i would be very happy!

I also wish there was a macro that would check if the target has Hunter's Mark. And cast it only if Hunter's Mark is not active on the target.

I don't have Prowl yet, unfortunately, so I haven't attempted to create a macro for pet attack + prowl, but perhaps it would work if you tapped the macro several times? Or, what if you added Prowl to an ability like Hunter's Mark, which you use before pulling? Not ideal, but maybe it'll work for you. I'll get back to this thread when I figure out a new macro, which will likely come when Glacia learns Prowl, and I'm thinking so far of simply attaching it to Shadowmeld.

Oh, you already have a hunter's mark / prowl macro. Okay.

I'm very certain there's a way to do that.

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Nature_RavenForm" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Hawk") else CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") end

This macro checks for a buff on the player. It can most likely be reworked to function with Hunter's Mark on your target. Give me a minute to take a look, I'll see if I can come up with something right now.

Edit: The obvious solution didn't work. Oh, well. Here's a list of buffs:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Queriable_buff_effects

Just in case you can figure something out. I don't have time right now. Good luck!
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mousepad » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:20 pm

dwarf >night elf in pvp ,imo

stoneform and 10 frost resist is gg.

And shadowmeld blows in instanced pvp unless ur a pussy and only open up on some random scrub horde. Dwarf is great when you are incombat like 23/7 which is what a hunter is all about, controlling mid
mousepad
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kazarak » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Aren't a lot of Rogue effects poison based? And the +10 FR should help against Mages.

Although, the 8 additional starting Agility of NEs should help with both AC and DPS.
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter