Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by Fey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 am

Your ability icons should be on the macro icon list. You're going to have to scroll through the icons, I think.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Update: I tried some new addons recently. I found some I liked and compiled them into a pack. The OP has been updated with a link to this pack, but for returning viewers of this thread, here's a link for your convenience.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/71i99 ... AddOns.zip

Please see the OP for details.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by lalazors » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:57 am

How do you config Rais_AutoShot? I want the bar to be smaller mate
lalazors
Private
Private

by Fey » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:53 am

lalazors wrote:How do you config Rais_AutoShot? I want the bar to be smaller mate

I included a readme in the addons pack I linked. In the rais_AutoShot configuration section, I reported that, unfortunately, I know of no way to configure that addon.

However, perhaps Attack Bar is configurable in that way. I don't know for sure, I haven't used it long and I don't even use its ranged function because I prefer rais. Check the readme for information on how to configure Attack Bar, and please let us know if you find what you're looking for!
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by chunass » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:05 am

lalazors wrote:How do you config Rais_AutoShot? I want the bar to be smaller mate

The author of the addon posted somewhere in his thread that you can configure the bar size by editing the lua file. I assume this is the section that you would be looking for:

local Table = {
["posX"] = 0;
["posY"] = -240;
["Width"] = 80;
["Height"] = 10;
}
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fey » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:48 am

chunass wrote:local Table = {
["posX"] = 0;
["posY"] = -240;
["Width"] = 80;
["Height"] = 10;
}

Amazingly helpful. Thank you so much! I shall add this to the zip file's readme, once it's confirmed to work.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Geum » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Hello!

First of all, thanks alot Fey for all your work put down into this thread! Much appreciated!

I'm sure most of you will think this is overkill in terms of getting the tooltips working, but if you install the addon TheoryCraft, you can get tooltips by using the following naming convention for your macros (additionally, it saves having to add something inside the macro for tooltips to work, thus possibly making the macro too long for "standard" macros).

Naming a macro "Auto Shot(0)" will have the macro show the tooltip for Auto Shot.
Again, naming it "Scatter Shot(x)" will have the tooltip for Scatter Shot, rank x.
It also seems to work with the shortest unique beginning of a spells name, and still work, so naming a macro "Con(0)" will trigger the tooltip for "Concussive Shot".
Aspects are annoying how ever, since their names are so long, you can't fit the name of the aspect and still add a "(0)", so it'll always show the alphabetically "first" aspect, which I guess is Beast, as soon as you get that. I have yet not found a way around that.

Bear in mind that getting the tooltip to work is not the primary idea of TheoryCraft, and I'm unsure as to what can be turned off in the addon to save your precious CPU cycles and RAM bytes.
Also consider that this tooltip has no regards what-so-ever for modifier keys, and/or logic inside the macro itself.

Hopefully this is of use to at least someone.
Regards,
Geum

*edit*
There seems to be a "STRIPPED" version of TheoryCraft suited to only providing the tooltip function.
I have not tested this, and cannot account for its functionality.
Geum
Tester

by Fey » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:58 pm

You are more than welcome! :) Enjoy your hunter!

Thank you for your contribution. We appreciate it!
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Blaeck » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Threat meter that includes pet threat?

does it even exist?
Blaeck
Private
Private

by Fey » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Blaeck wrote:Threat meter that includes pet threat?

does it even exist?

Hah - I wish! KTM would be infinitely more helpful that way. Alas, I have no idea if it even has that function, or where one can find a threat meter that includes pet threat. Whoever does know how to configure it, I'd be very happy with you if you told us all about it.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter