Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by Fey » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:51 am

Ah, that's definitely an interesting macro! From what I can see, it's as you described. If you're targeting the same thing as your pet, it will make your pet come back to you. If your pet has no target, your pet will attack, or if you target something else besides your pet's target, your pet will switch to that target. Very cool! Thank you for that contribution.

The macro I use simply sends your pet at the target, popping speed enhancers, like Charge or Dash, in the process. I use a different macro to bring my pet back to me, also popping speed enhancers, like Dash or Dive. I have a third macro for telling my pet to stay.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ashyx » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Thank you Fey some useful macros there.
Ashyx - Tauren Druid - PvP
Ashyx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:43 am

You're welcome.

My YouTube account has apparently been terminated. I don't know what the problem is because I never received an e-mail, but I've always been in good standing, and I'm unable to submit any forms, I can't even log in, so I've posted to the YouTube help forums about getting my account back. Or at least the content.

I didn't have backups of some of the larger files due to hard drive space issues, and there were annotation-heavy videos on YouTube with significance to me. I'm hoping they can restore my channel or let me retrieve my videos, but I don't know what is going to happen. I'm sorry, everyone.

EDIT: This is no longer the case. I got my channel back. There were apparently a slew of community guidelines reports on some of my music uploads, which were properly credited, not under copyright, and in some cases edited to be repeatable. Despite this, I still have two strikes on my account. I cannot upload new videos until I get that fixed.

I'm in the process of backing up my videos more securely right now. Thank you for your patience.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Petroix » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:44 am

Man you are great, it helped me a lot. Please keep updating if you will recall more helpful tips, macros etc. And btw you can enter PTR realm on Nostalrius, instant 60 to test the rest.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm glad this thread helped you! I will continue to update it as needed. :)
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Petroix » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:55 pm

You said that you use cartographer. I have many problems with that addon, one of them is that my pet action bar disappear after I /reload ui, do you have the same problem?
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:05 pm

Oh, I think I've had that problem before but I remember just dismissing and re-summoning my pet to fix it. Have you tried that? The good ol' turn-off, turn-on. If that doesn't work, try dismissing your pet before reloading your ui, and re-summon when it's done.

I don't keep my pet out often, so it took me a moment to recollect that I ever had that problem.

Remember, it takes five seconds to dismiss and an instant to re-summon, so if you want to avoid pulling more mobs during travel, not bother with feeding your pet at random times of the day, and avoid various Nostalrius-related pet glitches, simply keep your pet away 'til you're about to kill something. If you want to instantly dismiss, just tell your pet to stay while you mount up and go along your merry way; your pet will eventually despawn when you get far away.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Petroix » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Yup, dismissing works but I was thinking about some more permament fix cuz I don't want to do that all the time when I have to /rl. I always run with my pet cuz if someone attack me or ill be surprised, maybe it's only a second to call him but with global cd you can't start fighting immediately. Would be better to use macro with call pet + something, lol.

So everyone has that problem? Even if I change video resolution my pet action bar is gone. That's very strange.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:39 pm

I feel you. I'm never really out in the world without a buddy at my back, and if I am, I tend to be rather cautious, so it helps me personally. As long as you're aware of your surroundings and ready to initiate when apparently threatened, you should do fine. It always helps a hunter to initiate, and if someone gets the jump on you, it's probably not going to work very well for you anyway if they know what they're doing...

If you change video resolution and the same thing happens, perhaps it's just an issue with the server, rather than the addon. I presume you've tried disabling the addon and seeing if the bug still exists.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Petroix » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:51 pm

I'll just try to get used to run without my pet in non pvp zones or where is a small chance for surprise fights. Running always and everywhere with a pet has no sense I didn't ever think about it in that way.
Last edited by Petroix on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter