Nightninja's Melee Hunter Guide

Re: Nightninja's Melee Hunter Guide

by Ellmo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:05 am

How does this compare to a more melee based raid group because your using like 12 warlocks and 4 mages and like half of those casters are doing worse than the top warrior so something looks very odd here.
Deja Vu ~ class leader

Smork ~ 60 Orc Hunter
Ellmo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cysthen » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:58 am

There is only one fight in the current patch that is better to have a heavy melee group and that is Vael for executes.

I come from a place where elitist raiders would have 16 casters in their raids.

My opinion on the casters fighting the melee dps is that raids tended to be heavy melee during Molten Core and Onyixia. Guilds are (or should be) slowly shifting to more and more casters due to the recent release of Bloodvine and more and more people are getting CoC/BWL Bracers/Nef Tear. etc.

It will take time and this is more of a better spec for end game clear content but it is what it is.
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mivec » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Not bad build for hunter, its really good deal to find other interesting specialization to be better for your raid. Good luck in your not easy way=)
And do you know your finally gear including Naxx items? What about 9% hit chance for 2-handed weap, cause you dont get that amount of hit even in your BIS gear in this guide? Do you miss in raids?
Mivec
Private
Private

by Cysthen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Mivec wrote:And do you know your finally gear including Naxx items? What about 9% hit chance for 2-handed weap, cause you dont get that amount of hit even in your BIS gear in this guide? Do you miss in raids?

Yeah I know the bis for Naxx, it is 4p T3 with Chest, Shoulders, Boots, Bracers. for the 50ap bonus.

Also the 2h hit cap is 8% and you get 3% from talents. The other 5 is not very hard to get. I don't miss in raids.

The current bis gearlist includes devilsaur, nef head ring, and boots of the shadowflame. That is 5% hit + 3 from talents.

(Also note that orcs get 1% from racial).

The hit scope no one knows for sure if it adds melee hit.
I like to pretend it gives 1 at the least because I am used to it giving 3 from where I come from.

Regardless its better for tranq shot.
Last edited by Cysthen on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by pantsman27 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Please gms, delete this cancer thread.
pantsman27
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:00 pm

pantsman27 wrote:Please gms, delete this cancer thread.

lol why?

cysthen is the man!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cysthen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 pm

pantsman27 wrote:Please gms, delete this cancer thread.

I would be a little offended if that happened having put a lot of effort into this. I am going to update it soon, I gotta fix a few pictures and edit the hitscope/nightfall crafter section a little.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:23 am

another worthless spec from a worthless private server with worthless data.

please post an accurate parse from retail vanilla wow on patchwork and other bosses in vanilla wow where hunters meleeing is so amazing.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:38 am

Imbaslap wrote:another worthless spec from a worthless private server with worthless data.

please post an accurate parse from retail vanilla wow on patchwork and other bosses in vanilla wow where hunters meleeing is so amazing.

someone's mad
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cysthen » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Edit: Changed the BIS forever bracers to Windtalker's Wristguards.
Edit: Replaced Winter Squid with Smoked Desert Dumplings.
Edit: Added Dragonbreath Chili to Damage Consumable Section. (Forgot about that one).

Bracers: Windtalker's Wristguards
Enchant: 9 Strength

Originally I had thought Bracers of the Eclipse was bis until t3 4 set bonus that gives 50ap but Windtalker's has 4 more ap and the 10 agi on Bracers of the Eclipse is worth only .2 melee crit, that being said the trade off is well worth the armor/intellect.

Smoked Desert Dumplings (20 Strength).

20 Strength is much better than 10 Agility from the Squid. As 10 Agility is 10 Melee Ap and .2 Crit where as 20 Strength is 20 Melee Ap.

Dragonbreath Chili (Breathe Fire).
You too can be a fire breathing dragon.

I have been kind of casual but I am back now to finish this guide, I will add a NR set during aq release for soaking on Huhuran with Nightfall. Thanks everybody for the support.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter