Nightninja's Melee Hunter Guide

Re: Nightninja's Melee Hunter Guide

by Cysthen » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:20 pm

pantsman27 wrote:Why even take a hunter if they aren't tranqing...

You can still tranq with a Nightfall equipped. On Flamegor I run out and use it and on Chromag I stay out the entire fight. You realize once you learn the fights and have done them a few times you can time these things. That and on Flamegor (the loot piñata) even if your late a second its whatever. It's different on Chromag that's why I stay out. I also have a ranged set.

I guess in my guide I didn't make it super apparent that you can still cast tranq shot. I will add a few more lines in different places reminding the reader of tranq.

Mouse turn > strafe away > cast tranq shot > cast arcane shot > strafe in > spam rotation macro.

Also let it be noted that Chromag always Frenzy's after breath. So perhaps if you are on that side of the rotation between hunters you can Tranq, run in, let the other hunter(s) get the next one then run out for breath repeat. Aspect of the Cheetah recommended.
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lazermon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:21 pm

In what way is a melee hunter a better option over having all of the offtanks not currently tanking do it?
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cysthen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Lazermon wrote:In what way is a melee hunter a better option over having all of the offtanks not currently tanking do it?

Even if a offtank is using it that doesn't stop the hunter from proccing it, every argument on having a warrior or shaman do it doesn't make the hunter doing it bad. You could even have both if you want to argue that. That and a warrior is not always "not currently tanking". You build more threat with sword and board offtanking of course.

You still proc it just as much when someone else in the raid is using it.
Melee is better than ranging if you have 10+ casters in the raid.

*cough* arcane shot *cough*
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Lazermon wrote:In what way is a melee hunter a better option over having all of the offtanks not currently tanking do it?

much higher Nightfall proc uptime from the Huntard
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cysthen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Theloras wrote:

much higher Nightfall proc uptime from the Huntard

Truth.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Vanill » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:53 pm

The uptime on the hunter is minimal compared to an OT

I myself have no problems being able to keep Demo/TC up, whilst being able to spam hamstring/overpower for Nightfall procs. Not to mention you're wasting a raidspot..

Can't believe people are taking this seriously
Vanill
Private
Private

by Cysthen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Vanill wrote:The uptime on the hunter is minimal compared to an OT

I myself have no problems being able to keep Demo/TC up, whilst being able to spam hamstring/overpower for Nightfall procs. Not to mention you're wasting a raidspot..

You are not wasting a raid spot. You bring 2 Hunters for Tranq Shot and its higher dps to do this.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Vanill wrote:The uptime on the hunter is minimal compared to an OT

rank 1 wing clip and raptor strike provide higher Nightfall uptime than an OT war

shit dude, my Paladin with Seal of the Crusader and haste enchants provide higher uptime than a warrior and I also put up Judgement of Wisdom for caster mana region as well...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cysthen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 pm

You better watch out Theloras I don't want to say too much but this Wingclip spam has higher uptime than your Seal of Crusader I would say.

That and you gotta admit Arcane Shot proccing it is kind of awesome.
Running out on certain fights and such.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Cysthen wrote:You better watch out Theloras I don't want to say too much but this Wingclip spam has higher uptime than your Seal of Crusader I would say.

That and you gotta admit Arcane Shot proccing it is kind of awesome.
Running out on certain fights and such.

Yea I know so it's all good man - reminds me of melee hunter with Fiery Retributer and Storm Gauntlets lol :)

But both of us can agree that we have higher Nightfall proc uptime than an OT warrior.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter