Fastest way to level low level pet?

Fastest way to level low level pet?

by Bravethestone » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:43 pm

So my character is level 60 and I have a level 39 pet that at some point I want to work on getting to 60 ASAP.

I was hoping that it would gain levels fast in endgame dungeons like Molten Core or BWL, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Trash kills don't give much XP, nor do I think boss kills.

Is there anyone out there that went back and tamed broken tooth or other rares and had to level them? How did you manage to do it efficiently?

I read on other old, private server forums suggesting to level on ranged mobs or do lowbie instances. That seems like it would take a long time. I was thinking blood elves in azshara, not sure what would be better.

Suggestions appreciated.
Bravethestone
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Fastest way to level low level pet?

by DeeMarie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:59 pm

There's probably better ways but when it was me (I'm assuming you nabbed Broken Tooth) I farmed the elite dragon whelps in Southern Dustwallow. Low armour and squishy while giving roughly 500xp.

A bit later on, I went to the elite ZF fire casters at the far West side of Tanaris, again squishy.

A few more levels and I headed to Azshara and farmed the elite caster bluekin dragons, they don't really damage you at 60.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bravethestone » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:12 pm

No, actually it was just a green Wind Serpent because I don't care for the red skin ZG one. I already have a 59 Humar and I find Brokentooth is a bit overrated in my opinion, .3 seconds faster AS makes little difference for PvP caster interrupts. Min max nerds be damned, your elitist pet choice is ugly!

I will check out some of those spawns. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Bravethestone
Grunt
Grunt

by RosettaStoner » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:12 am

Idk 0.3 seconds doesn't sound like a lot but when we are talking about a difference of 1.0 and 1.3 that 0.3 is all of a sudden a 30% increase(or decrease however you wanna look at it) in the attack speed which is a fairly substantial difference in my opinion.
Respect is the name of almost every game.
RosettaStoner
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:39 am

Just farm anything that's not a threat to you. Remember that faster kills and low downtime wins out over bigger XP per kill.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by masterpoobaa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:23 am

I found for the mid 40's the spirits in the bottom left corner of Aszhara were good to farm.
Not much health, little armor, die quick and give decent amounts of mageweave cloth.
masterpoobaa
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bravethestone » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:46 pm

I farmed the elves in azshara with my 39 serpent for a little while. I can kill them quickly if I crit and they give maybe 150 - 200 pet XP. Is the level difference proportionate to how much pet XP given? Would it be more efficient just killing NPCs close to my pet's level? I have yet to experiment and compare the difference in killing something that is around level 40 vs 50+. The elves being able to heal is kind of problematic but they at least give runecloth and sometimes BOEs.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Bravethestone
Grunt
Grunt

by DeeMarie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 pm

I tried those elves but the heal and having to melee was annoying. The ghosts in the south west might be an option, they also have low armour, but people tend to farm them.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Hunter