Flame/explosive trap worthless?

Flame/explosive trap worthless?

by mousepad » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 am

I just cannot think of any reason to use this...in PvP or PvE....if i want to get a nice shot id just ice trap and aimed shot...if i want to slow down id use freezing trap...what about these 2 traps tho...how do I use them effectively?

aside from maybe grinding low lvl 10 mobs
mousepad
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Flame/explosive trap worthless?

by chunass » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 am

Immolation trap is good for tagging mobs, if you're farming devilsaurs or whatever and waiting for a spawn.
Explosive trap is decent if you're in the middle of a pack that you want to do AoE damage on. I use it in the BWL suppression room if I'm not pulling and can spare a FD.

Apart from that I never use them :^)
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Seanimoose » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:17 am

improved immo trap is pretty decent 1v1 vs warriors
Seanimoose
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:09 am

They're both useful 1-59, the problem is that they do not scale with your gear post 60, so eventually they become worthless. Volley has the same problem. Arcane Shot you shouldn't use to begin with once you get Multi. I really don't know why they thought it was a good idea to have non scaling magic damage on physical classes. It's obvious they had no idea wtf they were doing with stats or gear back then; completely clueless with their own game. When you see the ZG set with +Arcane damage, you'll question how any real official paid developer could be this stupid. It's either that or them just not giving the slightest fuck about our class back then.

Another thing that falls behind is Rogue poisons. For a raid geared Rogue, poisons add such a pitiful amount of damage you may as well not bother applying them anymore. You're actually better off using the sharpening stone that has +crit on it, which in themselves are cheap to produce.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Hunter