Pet's keep running away...

Pet's keep running away...

by kott0n » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

I dinged 10. I did the hunter quests. I ran all the way to Mulgore and tamed The Rake.

I hearthed to NE zone and made my way to Wetlands. I didnt kill anything but I was constantly feeding the pet. It ran away randomly.

I ran back to Mulgore and tamed The Rake again. This time I stayed in Mulgore and grinded from lvl 10 - 11 and my pet also dinged 11. I then went to NE zone again and this time grinded with the pet from 11-12.

The pet's happiness was always green in both scenarios. I'm now level 12 in Westfall and he just ran away again...

WHAT IS GOING ON
kott0n
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Pet's keep running away...

by Classil » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Very odd, I never have had this happen on my Hunter.

Do you use any unitframe addons? Could it be that they incorrectly show your pet's happiness? Because all I can think off is that it ran away because it was unhappy for a while. A new pet with loyalty lvl of 1 you need to feed every 2 mobs or so. It will costs at least 2 stacks of food before it get to more reasonable lvls of loyalty and doesn't require that much attention anymore.
Classil
Tester

by kott0n » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 pm

I mean I do use addons and even if it wasn't displaying properly, I fed him over 3 stacks of food. It actually felt like over feeding but considering this was round 2 trying to get this pet to work, I went ham on feeding.
kott0n
Grunt
Grunt

by Jorrick » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:28 pm

I had thesame issue wiht a boar...

3x it ran away while it showed as happy ( green ).
I do use Luna unit frames, dont think thats the issue though since U just watch hapiness in 'c" and then the pet tab.
Luna isnt affecting that
Jorrick
Grunt
Grunt

by Fourwood » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Well for whats its worth I dinged 10 on my hunter, went to Darnassus for the training pet quest went back to IF and now find I can't feed my pet until level 12, so I am not clear how you dinged 10 and started to feed your pet? one of us must have a problem....

I just train a pet run it till it goes away and then train another until I reach 12 and then see what i can do.
Fourwood
Tester

by Pottu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Greetings,

you can complete the second part of the taming quests at level 10 in your racial capital after completing the first part successfully. That teaches you Beast Training and Feed Pet skills. Note that the Feed Pet skill gives your pet a buff that lasts 10-15 seconds. Do not spam your pet with food, wait until the feeding buff has disappeared before giving it more food - otherwise you're just wasting food. No addon affects pet happiness and in my personal testing both Luna Unitframes and Titan Bar show pet happiness correctly. Remember that at Loyalty level 1, a pet can run away surprisingly quickly - especially after a death as dying causes a significant amount of unhappiness. Pets only gain loyalty when they are happy as well as gain the +25% damage buff.

If you are 100% sure that you are doing everything correctly, yet your pet(s) keep running away, please post in our Bug Tracker so that the IsVV team can try to verify. Remember to include your race and the exact type of the pet in question.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Fourwood » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 am

When I go to IF neither the hunter trainers or pet trainers have anything available which I click on them. I have tried turning up with and without a pet but to no avail.

I will register a report and see if you are able to do anything about it.
Fourwood
Tester

by Jorrick » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am

Dear Puttu,

I would like to tell u that you're wrong about Luna unit frames,

Whenever the healthbar went red, ( on luna unit frames ) it would run away.. so then I found out if I fed it it turned yellow, and eventually green if it was happy.. So that explained luna was showing it correctly! Because it never ran away since.. But whenever luna shows it is not happy, either yellow or red. The pet details screen still shows a green happy face!

How does that happen then?
Jorrick
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Fourwood wrote:When I go to IF neither the hunter trainers or pet trainers have anything available which I click on them. I have tried turning up with and without a pet but to no avail.

I will register a report and see if you are able to do anything about it.

You will have to do the quest with your racial trainer. If you're night elf, you must talk to the hunter trainer in Dolanaar who gives you the quest to talk to a hunter trainer in Darnassus. If you're a dwarf, it's the trainer in Kharanos and then trainer in Ironforge. This goes with all class-specific quests, in that usually you can only get them from your racial trainer in your capital.

Jorrick wrote:How does that happen then?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly - but pet happiness and pet loyalty are two different things. A loyalty 1 pet can still be happy if properly fed and Luna should show it being happy. But to see the loyalty level you either need Titan Bar or to check your Character window. If you think there is an issue with Luna showing pet happiness, please report this in the Luna thread so that the author of that addon can have a look at it.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Classil » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Pottu wrote:
Jorrick wrote:How does that happen then?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly - but pet happiness and pet loyalty are two different things. A loyalty 1 pet can still be happy if properly fed and Luna should show it being happy. But to see the loyalty level you either need Titan Bar or to check your Character window. If you think there is an issue with Luna showing pet happiness, please report this in the Luna thread so that the author of that addon can have a look at it.

I think I do understand what's happening.

In the pet window the "happy pet" icon is re-used to display the diet of the pet. It however always seems to be the green "happy pet" icon and doesn't change with pet happiness. As far as I can tell this is normal behaviour for WoW.

I made a screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18121210/pet.png

You'll notice on the left side the pet is happy (see green health color in the luna unit frame) where on the right side the pet is normal (see yellow health bar). This is how Luna indicates the pet happiness but you'll notice how the icon in the pet screen stays the same. I think this is what confused some people!

So if you use Luna Unit Frames you need to check the color of the pet's health bar. There is no icon anymore, Luna replaces the default icon with the health bar coloring.
Classil
Tester

Next

Return to Hunter