Pet stat comaprison question

Pet stat comaprison question

by Petroix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:45 pm

People say The Rake is one of the best pet cuz of high dmg (cat) and fast attack speed. They say also that a Boar is good for beginning and leveling. But overall The Rake is better how they say. So now I have just one question:

W T F ?

They are both 11 lvl, no training etc. Why The Rake (who is better and one of the best pet) has the same stats as Boar except Damage, Armor and HP which he has less then Boar lol. From what we can see, the Boar is better imo.

Why can't we check attack speed and dmg per second? The Rake has less dmg but can have more dps I guess. But how much more.. maybe more amor and HP from Boar is better than more dps from The Rake.

And why The Rake has 21 TP when Boar has 17?
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Pet stat comaprison question

by chunass » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:07 pm

If you hover your mouse over the damage stat you can see the pet's attack speed. Your cat has lower damage per hit because it's faster, but should still have higher dps.

Your pets probably have different training points because your boar has some skill that costs more points to train.
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Petroix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:35 pm

The Rake
1.20 atk spd
8.7 dps

Boar
2.00 atk spd
8.9 dps

No comment.. Boar is better in everything lol..
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by xiaopingling » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:02 pm

rake gives better pushback on casters, faster attack speed eventually gives more uptime to the attack speed boost on crit

rake also learns claw to turn energy into damage, boar can't learn claw
xiaopingling
Grunt
Grunt

by Petroix » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:12 pm

All pets, no matter what their family, have the same base stats at each level.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070321043338/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/articles/stats_attributes.shtml

My 11lvl cat should have 222 HP and 545 Armor. But it has 250 HP and 778 Armor (now I added 3/3 thick hide talent). I tried to calculate it with 15% HP and 30% Armor from talents but it's still inaccurate. Is it broken on Nostalrius or what? I also tested Beast Lore skill on random mobs at random levels and it shows that let's say 8lvl raptor has 100hp and 11lvl raptor has 100, lol. I don't know what pet should I take if I see that defensive pet has more dmg and dps than offensive pet etc. statisctics says bullshit.

And why all cats (no rare) have 1.20 attack speed? The Rake Should have 1.20 but the rest 1.30.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gazpy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Feline class has 5% more hp and 10% more dmg, since TBC core is used on every private vanilla,
aswell your problem with 100 hp is, it is stated in percentage, only some addons can show you or estimate the hp of the enemy after you hit it.(or seen someone that is logged in your combat log dealing with said NPC)
Aswell, Stats like STRENGTH are absolutely irrevelant on nostarius as if you raise that stat, logically you would increase the attack power of your pet thus increasing his raw paper dmg, well you are right, BUT on this server, making pet stronger makes him weaker, because fuck logic and the #fix used there is just bandaid for the pvp ppl that cried about pets having BIG dmg, well we all can do /golfclap for the fixers as they properly went from one bugged state of pet to another one.
#endofrant.
Howg!
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Petroix » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Ok another question. Why my pet is like 10 times weaker then me? I mean while tanking. I can survive and tank mobs ike 10 times longer then my pet who has much more armor and more stamina then me. They hit him so hard even though he has more armor.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tamanous » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:28 am

Petroix wrote:Ok another question. Why my pet is like 10 times weaker then me? I mean while tanking. I can survive and tank mobs ike 10 times longer then my pet who has much more armor and more stamina then me. They hit him so hard even though he has more armor.

My cat is tough as nails. Things to consider:

1. How many points into beast mastery do you have and are they talent points that boost your pet?
2. What level is your pet? In vanilla they level very slowly and your pet may lag a few levels below you if you recently trained a lower level pet and/or do a lot of quests with bare minimum in kills. You need to fight with your pet to gain them levels so grinding mobs may be required to catch them up.
3. What pet skills are you running and what rank? Have you researched when your next pet skill can be trained from the lowest level mob possible so you obtain it at the lowest possible level? Does your pet have a good balance of health and protection skills trained and enough points to train them through loyalty and level?

If planned out your pet should be quite tough and even with only 3 tiers or so of beast mastery talents you can buff your pet quite a bit.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by Petroix » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

1. Ofc I use BM leveling build with all perks that improves my pet.
2. Same level as me cuz I sometimes level on elities and he level fast too.
3. He is full trained from pet trainer (taunt, stamina, armor etc.) the rest of his skills are not the highest rank (one below) but they do damage only so doesn't matter.

I was killing solo elities outside of SM, and I had to attack first and tank them cuz he was dying much faster. Looks like they hit him for 2x or 3x more than me but I don't understand why if he has more armor and more stamina than me.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Hunter