Questions regarding hunters

Re: Questions regarding hunters

by mrmr » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Guilds were gearing priests with +hit for the initial cast (aka the binary resist mechanic).
Noone is doubting that +hit helps against spell-resist.

The issue here, is about heartbeat and resistance (and hit too).
I really doubt that resistance or +hit should be added to the heartbeat-resist calculation.
Once the CC spell is on the target, the heartbeat-resist calculation, imo, should works the same for everyone, regardless the caster's gear/spec.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:55 pm

mrmr wrote:Guilds were gearing priests with +hit for the initial cast (aka the binary resist mechanic).

I really doubt that resistance or +hit should be added to the heartbeat-resist calculation.
Once the CC spell is on the target, the heartbeat-resist calculation, imo, should works the same for everyone, regardless the caster's gear/spec.

I agree my point about Priest wearing +hit gear didn't prove anything indeed, I overlooked that and it doesn't tell us for sure whether it was for the initial cast or the heartbeat.

I still see the heartbeat mechanic being a hit mechanic. Warlocks using CoS in order to have longer Enslave Demons suggests this mechanic.

I guess the staff won't disclose their own research and the way the scripted the formula here :(.

Anyway, I think we answered the initial question about heartbeat being applied to pets.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by lequintal69 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Youfie wrote:
mrmr wrote:
Youfie wrote: snip

As you say, resistance will kicks in when the CC spell is casted, but I really doubt that resistance gets in the calculation for the heartbeat-resist mechanic.
I would really like to see some proof for this (might be quite hard to come by...)

Well, you can find many proof online that players with more +hit had their CCs last longer. It is common knowledge.

can you provide any evidence regarding that?
lequintal69
Private
Private

by lequintal69 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

mrmr wrote:Guilds were gearing priests with +hit for the initial cast (aka the binary resist mechanic).

actually hit chance is used for TBC formula of heartbeat in PVE (no heartbeat mechanic in PVP TBC)
for magical resistance i'm not sure
lequintal69
Private
Private

by lequintal69 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:51 pm

So, to summ up ?

-Pets should have heartbeat mechanic, as proved in the video from post 1. So basically, 20sec-fears or 30sec-sheeps shouldnt never happen on them, whether they have magical resistance trained or not

-whether heartbeat mechanic involves magical resistance in Vanilla is not sure. We also dont know if it should be different whether its pvp or pve

-if the formula involves magical resistance (on top of +hit chance and level difference), the result would be even shorter cc"s on high magical resistance amount targets
(i personnaly have never heard about such thing but vanilla still amazes me 10 years later)

-
lequintal69
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Hunter