About Priest Leveling

Re: About Priest Leveling

by Metalic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:53 am

What spec at level 40 can you recommand?

31 points in shadow? is taht spec okay? http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bZZxMGt0tot
Metalic
Private
Private

by durabigael » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:22 pm

I ve leveled a priest back in vanila.

Here what i did. And i loved it, try to Max spirit

1-5 Improve Wand
6-10 Spirit Tap
11-15 Holy specialization (5% crit is a lot , even on smite or holy fire)
16-20 Divine Fury (cast healing and smite faster)
21-23 Improve Renew
24-25 Healing Focus
26-27 Searing Light (To boost those Holy Dmg)
28-29 Holy Reach
30 Holy Nova (For those annoying rogue)
31-35 Spiritual guidance ( 25% spirit into spell dmg and heal + Spirit tap , is amazing)
36 Spirit of redemption (I love that spell in pvp , can change a whole fight)
37-51 Do whatever u want

The reason of that spec , you can Fully heal in instance without any problem, If you quest Improve Wand , spirit tap and spiritual guidance + all those bonus toward smite and holy fire help you a lot.
durabigael
Sergeant
Sergeant

by bama52 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:52 pm

I feel for intent of leveling shadow is the more viable option, while gearing as you go don't neglect spirit and shadow tap becomes a lesser mana pot after each kill, taking talents that reduce enemies chances to resist abilities will also greatly help. Trinkets from WSG purchased with honor an marks are totally worth it as well. By keeping spirit in mind a slight down ranking you can heal most instances up until 38ish. Hope this helps!!!
bama52
Tester

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm

durabigael wrote:I ve leveled a priest back in vanila.

Here what i did. And i loved it, try to Max spirit

1-5 Improve Wand
6-10 Spirit Tap
11-15 Holy specialization (5% crit is a lot , even on smite or holy fire)
16-20 Divine Fury (cast healing and smite faster)
21-23 Improve Renew
24-25 Healing Focus
26-27 Searing Light (To boost those Holy Dmg)
28-29 Holy Reach
30 Holy Nova (For those annoying rogue)
31-35 Spiritual guidance ( 25% spirit into spell dmg and heal + Spirit tap , is amazing)
36 Spirit of redemption (I love that spell in pvp , can change a whole fight)
37-51 Do whatever u want

The reason of that spec , you can Fully heal in instance without any problem, If you quest Improve Wand , spirit tap and spiritual guidance + all those bonus toward smite and holy fire help you a lot.

If you do this though, you're going to be drinking every other mob. It's commonly agreed that when leveling a Priest, the overall fastest way is to just use SWP and wands, rather than using lots of spells. 5% crit and cast time reduction on Smite is bad because you shouldn't be using those as your main damage source, you should be wanding.

You can heal dungeons perfectly fine as shadow. As long as your tank is wearing a shield, you shouldn't have problems.

Also lol @ Spirit of Redemption...in PvP? In battlegrounds maybe, but 1v1 world pvp it's completely useless.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ChargingMoose » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:28 am

gotmilk0112 wrote:
If you do this though, you're going to be drinking every other mob. It's commonly agreed that when leveling a Priest, the overall fastest way is to just use SWP and wands, rather than using lots of spells. 5% crit and cast time reduction on Smite is bad because you shouldn't be using those as your main damage source, you should be wanding.

So you have full mana after every mob? If you only use SWP and wand (and PWS or healing) on each mob, you won't ever drop lower than 80% mana.

I've always done the wand spec into full shadow build which I decided to take a break from on this server. I'm doing what the above poster describes which is spirit tap/wand spec into the holy tree and it's working great. I usually open with holy fire then SWP, then mind blast, (sometimes smite here) then wand. You can run out of mana eventually if you do this, but there's so many players leveling right now it's rare that I can chain enough mobs together to actually run out.

I don't think many people just SWP and wand unless you just upgraded your wand to something really powerful for that level.
Samthetank - Level 34 Warrior
Friarsam - Level 34 Priest
ChargingMoose
Tester

by flowison » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:40 pm

should i only buy following skills at the trainer to save gold for the 40 mount:
mb
swp
pws
heal

?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by flowison » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:21 pm

lvl 29 now. 5/5 wand, rest shadow.
should i wand till 40 and then respecc to shadowform?
or wanding til 60?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:50 pm

The general consensus is you have 5 points in wand specialization and the rest in shadow until 40, then you respect to full shadow for shadowform, then put the next 5 points back into improved wands.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by flowison » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:37 pm

varth wrote:The general consensus is you have 5 points in wand specialization and the rest in shadow until 40, then you respect to full shadow for shadowform, then put the next 5 points back into improved wands.

then why not save the 1g and just specc shadowform with 45?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:06 pm

Because shadowform increases your leveling speed drastically, to the point that many consider it worth the 1g. The reduces phy dmg taken + increased dmg output makes a huge difference in downtime
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Priest