Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

Re: Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

by Docholy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:28 am

Seradori wrote:So, the Hunters have themselves this nice long list of people waiting for demon spawns. For those not familiar, the idea is when the demon spawns, out of those present and waiting, whoever is highest on the list gets to have an attempt.

We're fortunate enough that our respawn timer is only 2 hours, versus the 7 hours that the Hunter have. I can't speak for everyone, but I've had the eye for about 2-3 weeks now, and only been able to get 2-3 attempts in during that time. There's a few other Priests I've seen around, waiting a similar length of time and even longer, who have only had a couple of attempts too.

Every day, presumably as more guilds get Domo down and on farm, there are more and more Priests waiting, and it's actually getting harder and harder to have a turn. I've also seen some Priests who have gone first, failed it, and then wanted to go first again when it respawned. If there were nobody else waiting, sure, but not when there's several others waiting and who saw you fail the last time!

From what I've experienced, we're pretty civil about it. But I would be lying if I said that it wasn't starting to bug me that myself and others, who have been patiently waiting several weeks, are continually stuck waiting for a respawn, because someone who literally just got the eye started the encounter first.

What are our thoughts on perhaps commencing a list? At the very least we'll be able to establish a reasonably official order, get some of the older recipients finished and the newer recipients can watch and learn the encounter.

I got my eye and completed the staff in two days. Every horde I saw I contacted via an alt (need to level an alt to 11) and we made a macro the needs to be yell for some one to reset it. The list isnt viable for priest, but taking initiative and contacting priest and setting up a reseter is best.

It was a civil experiance and one I enjoyed. The day I got it, a ud priest and I were the only ones around. I reset his quest 3 times before he stepped back and let me do it. In theory that saved each of us ~8 hours.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by varth » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:19 pm

As long as priests work together there should be no need for a list because we can reset with no penalty.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Saedac » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:43 am

Just completed this quest. Wanted to give some tips that I found useful.

First off I specced into spirit tap, it helped a lot with mana usage.
Used 3x Major mana pots, 3x Dark Runes
Also used Nightfin soup, Lesser mana oil, Elixir of Greater Int
About 25 Oil of immolation

I broke the quest down into certain phases. It can seem kinda intimidating at first and you dont wanna be "that guy" that despawns the quest giver for 2 hours.

What i recommend is breaking this up into different stages until you are ready to make full attempts.

First go out there with a buddy. Get comfortable doing the first wave, and only the first wave. Reset it once the first one second one pops up. (just have a buddy run up the path). Do this several times to get a feel for the quest. Learn your targeting, find your positioning, shake out the nerves. Practice Dispelling the Purple debuff and then go into healing mode.

Second. Once your comfortable with wave 1, start doing wave 2. This time skeletons will start to spawn around you. Get comfortable going from 1 wave at the end of the path, and picking up the 2nd. Get even more comfortable dispelling purple, then go into healing mode. Get used to timing your Oils of immolation, and your R3 Holy nova. Do 1st and 2nd wave together until you are comfortable. Even if your not really doing good yet, at this point its still hard to outright fail it and have her despawn. Dont fret if your not getting it at this point, it can take a few tries. Practice makes Perfect. Keep going from wave 1 to wave 2 until you are feeling reall good about it, then try picking up wave 3. Once you are comfortable going from wave 2 and getting thru wave 3 you are almost ready.

Last. So once you are comfortable getting wave 3 past with not many deaths, handling the skeletons, and you feel comfortable with your mana, then you are ready to go for the gold! Once you feel confident about completing wave 3 and you feel ready to go for 4 and possibly 5, DO IT! At this point use all ur buffs and dont worry about asking for a reset, just keep going until you fail it, or complete it. But only if your are comfortable completing wave 3.

So with targeting, use "V" to bring up the nameplates of the peasants you have to heal.
I used an addon called Classic Mouse overs. Once you get classic mouse over installed you can heal without having to target each mob. Once your cursor is over their nameplate, you can hit the hotkey, and it will cast the heal for you. Saves so much time. Make sure you read about how to set up classic mouseover macros if you use that addon.

Each wave Abolish Disease on purple right away. Usually 3 people with purple debuff will spawn at the beginning of each wave. Once you dispel the purple debuff, they usually dont pop back up.

Some people advise to abolish disease on green debuff as well. I didnt. I used Renew to counter the disease and heal thru it. Saves a ton of mana.

Spells I used were Abolish Disease, Rank 6 renew, rank 5 flash heal. As with most peoples advice, if the peasant has more than 50% renew, less that 50 flash heal. After your 3 purple debuffs are gone, just start healing. Rank 3 nova when skellys come up. If you get low health, max renew.
Saedac
Tester

by Manaci » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Was helping a fellow priest with this quest, got bored and found the dmg ticks for the two diseases you encounter in the quest. Thought it might help someone who's stuck or is getting ready :D

Seething Plague (Purple)
20% dmg every 4th second

Death's Door (Green)
5% dmg every 3rd second
Manaci
Grunt
Grunt

by varth » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:16 pm

I did this one my 2nd attempt last night following a combo of the topic post + lombars. Big thanks to the other 3 priests including an ally for being mature and using a simple line system. I watched the 2 priests ahead of me do the event successfully with mind vision which was a big help.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by adizzle » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Enchanting your benediction -

Do you lose the enchant when you transform it?
Can you have two separate enchantments, one for each staff?
adizzle
Private
Private

by Manaci » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 pm

adizzle wrote:Enchanting your benediction -

Do you lose the enchant when you transform it?
Can you have two separate enchantments, one for each staff?

It stays when you transform so you can't have 2 different enchants
Manaci
Grunt
Grunt

by Ana » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Hey, I just did it today in first try after several failed attempts yesterday. My two cents:

1. SPEC INTO SPIRIT TAP. DO IT. I used this spec, you basically trade Spiritual Healing for Spirit Tap and other than that make sure the skeletons don't do a lot of damage. But seriously. Spirit Tap is so incredibly OP here it's unthinkable. I tried yesterday without oils of immolation and decided holy nova eats too much mana so I bought 40 oils for today. Used ONE. As soon as you start killing skeletons, you're spirit tapped 99% of the time. Get +spirit buff and some consumables and you're looking at close to 700 spirit when tapped. That gives you 100 mana per 2 seconds regeneration. 250 mp5. Seriously, spec spirit tap. You can nova skeletons, heck you can even mind blast them, you'll still have too much mana.
2. Instead of abolishing purple and ignoring green, you can abolish both and then just slap renew on everything you see. Even with healing focus skeletons will slow down your regular heals a bit, this way you don't have to worry about some guy at 20% health getting eaten by arrows while you're stuck in pushback. Downranked flash heal is okay, too, but renew is much better hpm (and hps besides :P).
3. The buff from NPC will have you topped pretty often but sometimes it doesn't work, so bring mana pots just in case :P
4. I used elixir of superior defense for extra +450 armor. Helps a bit. Probably not necessary.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nitrak » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:46 am

Been sitting through whole night of this server crashing, hoping the servers would become stable again, so i could complete my quest, yet no luck :(.

Hope i can get lucky during tomorrow that there is not 5-10 priests waiting in line :/
Nitrak
Private
Private

by NikeTheSword » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 am

Gave it a couple of tries this night. No luck. Luckily we coordinated resets.
The thing is, my nameplates keep jumping around like wild fucks making healing impossible.
Could anyone suggest a way to manage this (a proper nameplate addon perhaps)? Cheers!
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest