Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

Re: Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

by sloasdaylight » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:28 pm

vondelphia wrote:What about Anathema?

The shadow version of this staff? You did a great job on the tutorial too btw, hoot wooth!!

You get anathema by right clicking on the staff. It transforms itself into anathema. Be warned though, the transformation comes with a 30 minute cool down.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Colezz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:48 pm

I tried this today, for some reason my Ctrl- v doesn't show the peasant name plates??

i failed miserably obviously, i don't know who was taking damage, how can i fix this?
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garfunkel » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:54 pm

It's just V for name plates. Or check your keyboard bindings.

Maybe tonight an eye will drop for me...
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Press ctrl-V (or shift-V, both do the same thing by default I think, lol) several times.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Colezz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:04 pm

ok yeah sorry i had to click it a few times. still finsing pretty hard.

Edit: Ok id like to know how people even managed this quest, got to last wave and some random obviously walked to close and triggered the reset.. then theres like 10 people waiting their turn to go ( fair enough good coopeartion between sides) but by that time all buffs have run out and cant do it, not to mention if somone doesn't reset it gotta wait for 2 hours.
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by oxforged » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:27 pm

The most important tip that helped me is get a ton of major mana pots and dark runes. use them as soon as you're 70% mana and then again as they come back up. Potting when you're oom will end you.
oxforged
Private
Private

by Colezz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Twice now ive done this shit and its been reset on 4th wave when i would have completed it, meaning im out of pots/buffs so i need to go get more. this is such bullshit
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by djiron » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:40 am

yea this quest can be a pain in the ass if youre unlucky. i did it on my 10th try or so with lots of close atempts before where other people walked in or i just messed it up myself. the most important thing is to stay patient and to not get frustrated. good luck.
djiron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Docholy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:22 am

I did this with rather lack luster gear (1 week into 60) and all the recommended consumables.
A few things not mentioned and if the op can insert it into the - excellent- guide.

Spec into spirit tap, yes it works and after the first wave of skeletons spawn it will be up 90% of the time. This will double the spirit elixirs/spirit buff/spirit scroll x2 as well as increase mp5 gains from spirit by 6.6x
Additionally it will grant you that much more +healing, which is needed since you may drop the +10% healing talent.

Blessing of Nordrassil is a buff the quest giver grants when she heals the peasants entering the light.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=23108
So its important not to give up if you're near oom and the peasants are near the light. You'll get 2500 mana back, every wave!!

This is the spec I went with, http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMrsVZfxtcb0VZx
Since all I casted was FH rank 4, renew 6 and abolish this spec gave me all i needed. I never casted PWS because me gear was so subpar it took to big a chunk of my mana pool.

Notice I dont have the spirit buff. I did this fight with only a druid buff, oil, mp5 food, intellect elixir, and a spirit scroll as buffs. If you follow this guide and get the all the buffs and consumables you set yourself up right. I did this with 5k mana prebuffed, +200 healing, and 35 mp5 from items.

Good luck and follow the guide!! SPEC SPIRIT TAP = win!
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Seradori » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:06 am

So, the Hunters have themselves this nice long list of people waiting for demon spawns. For those not familiar, the idea is when the demon spawns, out of those present and waiting, whoever is highest on the list gets to have an attempt.

We're fortunate enough that our respawn timer is only 2 hours, versus the 7 hours that the Hunter have. I can't speak for everyone, but I've had the eye for about 2-3 weeks now, and only been able to get 2-3 attempts in during that time. There's a few other Priests I've seen around, waiting a similar length of time and even longer, who have only had a couple of attempts too.

Every day, presumably as more guilds get Domo down and on farm, there are more and more Priests waiting, and it's actually getting harder and harder to have a turn. I've also seen some Priests who have gone first, failed it, and then wanted to go first again when it respawned. If there were nobody else waiting, sure, but not when there's several others waiting and who saw you fail the last time!

From what I've experienced, we're pretty civil about it. But I would be lying if I said that it wasn't starting to bug me that myself and others, who have been patiently waiting several weeks, are continually stuck waiting for a respawn, because someone who literally just got the eye started the encounter first.

What are our thoughts on perhaps commencing a list? At the very least we'll be able to establish a reasonably official order, get some of the older recipients finished and the newer recipients can watch and learn the encounter.
Seradori
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Priest