Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

Re: Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

by Rawina » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:47 am

Okay so i´m done with the quest and it wasn´t that hard at all, No mana issues and no difficulty when healing.
The Only used Consumable was 1 Demonic rune, that´s all what I had to use, so i don´t think anyone will have mana issues on this quest, I killed the Skellys with Rank 3 Holy Novas and healed using rank 6 renews and rank 5 flash heals when the peasants had 15%hp, I had 5k Total Mana and 4k total hp, the abolish was used on the purple aura peasants and the green aura was ignored and used a renew instead.
The only hard thing about the quest is the wait and the players who mess with the priest at eris.
Rawina
Private
Private

by Cephei » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Okay I'm posting my perspective because it's propably useful for someone.

To begin with, I don't have good gear, I don't even have acceptable gear. I have leveling gear because I dinged 60 on fridays (4 days ago at the time of this writing) and didn't really have time to get any gear yet. This means, shitty "of the Owl" greens or similar items. I did however went to my guilds MC run and managed to get T2 legs and T1 boots, this however is more than offset by the absolute garbage gear I had otherwise.

So without wasting any time, I'll tell you what worked for me and explain why I think it worked. This is also from a perspective of someone who has never done this quest before, not on other servers and not on retail.

-----

Spec: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMrsV0oZfothf0VZx
Reasons: Spirit tap is broken as shit on this event. The little skeletons that you kill give you spirit tap throughout most of the event and that in turn gives you an absurd amount of mana regen, more on that later. The rest of the tree should be self explanatory. Since Spirit Tap is almost always up, you get a super boost from Spiritual Guidance, which lets the downranking work better, more on that later. It is imperative that you have Holy Nova for killing the Skeletons for this. The rest of the tree is just rounding out your overall healing.

Consumables used: Exactly 3 Superior Mana Potions and 1 Major Mana Potion.
Reasons: You don't need more, not even a joke. I could have done it with 4 Superior Mana Pots but I wanted to not take the risk. Yes, I didn't even use Immolation Oil, nor any buff pots/food.

Buffs used: Stamina, Spirit, Shadow Protection (propably not useful, whatever), Inner Fire, Shadowguard (Troll Racial, propably not important). I managed to convince the friendly Alliance that was present to buff me with Wisdom (shoutouts to Meguka and Frandoll, who mind controlled horde priests and buffed them, that was really nice, and for an extensive amount of time too).

-----

Okay, so what I did after starting the event first was have a practice round that I had someone cancel (just talk to people, make a group, make yourself a macro that asks them to abort the event, this works really nice, all they have to do is walk into the area) at around phase 3 or 4, I can't remember.

After that I had my real attempt and did it in one more try.

I didn't really have a priority list, but these were basically my thoughts on it:
  • Abolish EVERYTHING. All purple (do those first) and all green. You need to refresh this for the green ones. The purple ones don't come back, the green ones do.
  • The Archers do laughable damage and can be offset by renew, the green debuff can't (most likely a gear issue, but this is from crap gear perspective, so yeah).
  • Don't heal anything over 50%, just ignore it
  • Flash Heal things that are low
  • If it gets close to the point where they disappear obviously consider not healing them, this is where your experience from your practice round comes in.
  • Don't overdo Renew, it eats up more mana than you think.

Spells and ranks used:
Flash Heal rank 5
Renew rank 6
Holy Nova rank 3
Abolish Disease

Note that this is the exact same ranks as were posted earlier in the thread, so thank you for those.
Also note that you may think that you can simply cleanse the disease. The truth is, no you can't, it just keeps coming back, that's why you want Abolish Disease here.

The key element that makes this whole thing work like this really is Spirit Tap and the absurd mana regen you get from it. To that end, if you can help it, it is benefitial to not kill all the Skeletons all at the same time, if you leave one or so alive (this happens quite a lot with the garbage gear I had) and then kill it as Spirit Tap runs out, you basically get nonstop Spirit Tap.

The melee skeletons do basically no damage to yourself nor to the peasants I felt, I still Holy Nova'd them as soon as they got close and if I got one that survived with a sliver of health, I kept him as a backup Spirit Tap.

-----

So yea, that's about it I think, it's really not a hard quest and you don't need to dump 100g in consumables like the Alliance priest before me did (he flasked). Hope this post helped you and see you in the golden rod club.
Cephei
Tester

by nissepistol » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Have anyone done this quest as a shadow priest? Will spirit tap balance out the lack of healing?
nissepistol
Tester

by Sethzer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:12 pm

nissepistol wrote:Have anyone done this quest as a shadow priest? Will spirit tap balance out the lack of healing?

Should be fine.
Just make sure you bring some Oil of Immolation so you don't need to waste time and mana on killing skeleton packs.
If your gear is low on Int/Spirit or normal spelldmg/healing (if you carry raw +shadow dmg gear) then bring some mana pots too.
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by hoyschel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:17 pm

The 2 hour wait for failures needs to be changed ASAP. This is absolutely ridiculous. 12k people on the server, over 10 priests impatiently waiting and dumbass horde/alliance idiots riding through totally destroying your progress is a recipe for disaster.

This quest needs respawn timers needs to be something like 10 minutes or so, 2 hours? just unrealistically achievable the more people that are on.
hoyschel
Private
Private

by Ana » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Uh... if someone runs into the quest area, the NPC doesn't despawn...?
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by hoyschel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:35 am

Ana wrote:Uh... if someone runs into the quest area, the NPC doesn't despawn...?

Correct but you go straight back to the start of the quest. You could be 2 seconds from finishing but if some idiot comes near you, it will reset the entire quest for you.

However if you fail (which many do) then the 2 hour respawn timer is in effect.
hoyschel
Private
Private

by Ana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:29 am

Well there should be enough other priests + random idiots around that failing is pretty much impossible :P

(unless they're all Chinese and you can't arrange any signal for interrupting the quest or some such)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mase » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:02 am

nissepistol wrote:Have anyone done this quest as a shadow priest? Will spirit tap balance out the lack of healing?

I'm a shadow priest and honestly I just respecd to the specs you've seen in this thread for the quest. I probably could have done it with my normal spec but it's just easier to respec for the quest so you have enough regen and holy nova makes things much easier.
Mase
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest