Disc/holy dmg pvp spec?

Disc/holy dmg pvp spec?

by Siusek » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Hello,
simple question: Does anyone have experience with this build? Is it viable? Maybe as crit spec?

I have never tried thisone before but it kinda attracts me to have ability to heal my ass 24/7 while doing some decent dmg. Disc/holy talents still have some 5/5 +holy dmg/crit talents so maybe its worth a try as a super-hybrid build?
Last edited by Siusek on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheep EX Machina!
Siusek
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Disck/holy dmg pvp spec?

by gotmilk0112 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:40 am

I really don't think so. If you're not Shadow and you're casting damage spells, people are going to whine at you for not healing. Even if the target has Crusader judged on them, it's still not going to do as much damage as Shadow would.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tecco » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 pm

What i remember from back in the days it is doable, but required very good gear to pull off.
It actually is also somewhat viable for raids, the issue is mana though, did some classic zul'gurub runs and i decimated everyone on meters at trash, but was on par at best on longer fights.
Let me se if i can find some old vids, have some 10 priest pvps atleast.

Edit:
Sadly the sound does not work anymore,
Link 1: Small bit of questing
Link 2: Part of 10 priest Wsg
Tecco
Private
Private

by Syphonize » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 pm

One advantage over shadow is that you do not require debuffs to function. That being said, I'm not privy to what kind of damage numbers you'd be able to pull.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Siusek wrote:Hello,
simple question: Does anyone have experience with this build? Is it viable? Maybe as crit spec?

I have never tried thisone before but it kinda attracts me to have ability to heal my ass 24/7 while doing some decent dmg. Disc/holy talents still have some 5/5 +holy dmg/crit talents so maybe its worth a try as a super-hybrid build?

it functions very well with a Ret Paladin in your group to provide Sanctity Aura and Judgement of the Crusader for maximum +Holy dmg

Also, as others said, it doesn't require any debuffs that Shadow needs to do dmg - just spam Smite with as much spell crit gear as you can pick and enjoy!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Tecco » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:17 am

Also there is no such thing as resist on holy spells 8-)
Tecco
Private
Private

by Theloras » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:19 am

Tecco wrote:Also there is no such thing as resist on holy spells 8-)

True, but Smite Priests still need +hit rating for spells to land in the first place - which can be problematic with the current itemization on Nostalrius.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by sloasdaylight » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Simply put it's not worth it. It's good for little doo-dads here and there, like a 10 priest WSG, or Beckon's PvPriest 4 video, but on the whole it's not a very good spec. It's ridiculously dependent on gear that does not mesh with Shadow Priest dps gear at all, it's not as good in 1v1s, it's susceptible as all hell to interrupts (kicked in your Holy dick? oopsies, now what?), and it's not as tanky as shadow.

It's fun to play with, but it's really not a spec you should spend much time trying to make work. Shadow is better for pretty much anything except skank healing than that spec.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:03 pm

sloasdaylight wrote:

Simply put it's not worth it. It's good for little doo-dads here and there, like a 10 priest WSG, or Beckon's PvPriest 4 video, but on the whole it's not a very good spec. It's ridiculously dependent on gear that does not mesh with Shadow Priest dps gear at all, it's not as good in 1v1s, it's susceptible as all hell to interrupts (kicked in your Holy dick? oopsies, now what?), and it's not as tanky as shadow.

It's fun to play with, but it's really not a spec you should spend much time trying to make work. Shadow is better for pretty much anything except skank healing than that spec.

until debuff slots open up though, it's actually better DPS - especially on Alliance side if the Smite Priest is grouped with a Ret Paladin - then it is absolutely much better DPS
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Disc/holy dmg pvp spec?

by Siusek » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Could anyone post a talent build for a decent smite priest?

So far i see it like there are 2 ways how to build holy dmg priest. Either go for 5/5 holy crit or go for +spirit and max spell dmg and spirit gear. Any suggestions?

I think thisone might do the trick: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGRhiVodxxhbb
Sheep EX Machina!
Siusek
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Priest