Shadow Priest DPS and Gear Spreadsheet

Shadow Priest DPS and Gear Spreadsheet

by Syphonize » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm not sure if there is any interest in such a thing, but I spent some free time last week and this week making this. I took a lot of the structure and ideas from Guybrush's spreadsheet (in the Warlock section) but modified it extensively so that it was specifically for Shadow Priests. Props to his tool, it was very well done. I couldn't find a better way to make my own.

Please remember that Shadow Priests do not have a single spell rotation and as such, DPS is definitely approximated, but I have tried to make it as close to reality as possible. I will continue to work on making it closer to reality.

I have added a number of things not currently in game as curiosities, such as DMF and T2 gear. They might be wrong, just ignore them if they are. Most of the stuff currently ingame should be as accurate as I can make it.

Make a copy if you wish to change anything and/or use it for your own personal use. Follow the instructions given in the first sheet and you should be fine. Check back in sporadically if you are interested in any updates. If there is no interest, I'll just keep using it for myself!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uYtIy7-hyCcvBQ30MiWUW9O4W9T7i54bVdYdIDThFvI/edit#gid=600475609

If there is anything glaringly incorrect or anything, do let me know and I'll do my best to fix it! I cannot promise a timeline but I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Shadow Priest DPS and Gear Spreadsheet

by titsmcgeee » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:22 am

Spamming/flaming
titsmcgeee
Private
Private

by Praxxia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:26 am

Something is very off if Crit is worth more than spellpower.
Praxxia
Grunt
Grunt

by Syphonize » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:29 am

Praxxia wrote:Something is very off if Crit is worth more than spellpower.

1% Crit is certainly worth more than 1 point of spellpower. However, when comparing a normal item, you would be comparing something like 1% crit to 20+ spellpower. There are no real items in the endgame with 1 spellpower. They usually have 30+.

To demonstrate, check the item values of Eye of the Beast and compare it to Briarwood Reed (both Trinkets).
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Praxxia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:41 am

Ah =) for a hot minute I forgot vanilla uses % for Crit. Do you plan on adding 1h + oh?
Praxxia
Grunt
Grunt

by Syphonize » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:39 am

Praxxia wrote:Do you plan on adding 1h + oh?

Oh, I knew I forgot something important. I'll add that in tomorrow. It completely slipped my mind because I assumed Anathema was going to be BiS for a long time.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sloasdaylight » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Anathema is BiS until Lok'amir, which is BiS until End of Dreams in Naxx, which is BiS until Atiesh.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:21 pm

sloasdaylight wrote:Anathema is BiS until Lok'amir

Chrom dagger should do, no?

edit: scratch that, Anathema has 7 mp5...
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Praxxia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:56 am

I think it's still good to see the values of 1h/oh. Some people may be fresh 60s and not have their anathema yet and it would be a good resource for the pve server as well.
Praxxia
Grunt
Grunt

by Syphonize » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:10 am

Praxxia wrote:I think it's still good to see the values of 1h/oh. Some people may be fresh 60s and not have their anathema yet and it would be a good resource for the pve server as well.

You are right. 1H/OH values have now been added to the sheet. Do let me know if I left out any obvious pre-raid MHs/OHs because frankly I didn't look too much into all the options available to us. I did put in everything I could think of, however!

Additionally, if you plan to use this for your own character, please make a copy and use your own values! I often modify some values just to test stuff for my own character, so don't exactly go by what you see in the sheet without checking the input values first!

Ensure the input values (green cells) match what your own character's values are. Item values will vary fairly significantly depending on your own individual stats (since this sheet does take how long your mana pool sustains you into account).
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Priest