I want to Play a Priest, But...

Re: I want to Play a Priest, But...

by Ana » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:17 pm

This will be the most mana efficient if you actually want to be useful (i.e. healing stuff) outside of applying shadow weaving. Open with R1 SWP spam, then keep the debuff up with R1 mind blast on cooldown (SWP would be cheaper but you don't really want to keep the dot up). Can move the point from Inner Focus to 5/5 weaving for super safety.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by PriestInOurTime » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:26 pm

I'd put 5 points into weaving and give up one of the (admittedly all very good) points for it. Don't wanna cast additional Mind Blasts because of 20% miss on application. (I surely wouldn't cast it on CD)

Not sure if Inner Focus is actually the worst point though, would have to math it out. My guess would be IF and Meditation are pretty equal.
Pristine realms... Industrial levels of stupidity.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:47 pm

I would keep Meditation for convenience's sake. Focus is somewhat situational, and well, if the raid needs a hybrid popping focused huge heals, the situation is probably pretty dire already :P
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garfunkel » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:51 pm

neffero wrote:I have people telling me no one chooses them for raiding because of the debuff limit. I've been told to go Mage or Warlock instead.

Is this true? If I DPS as a Priest, will I have a bad time?

Even after the 16 debuff slots become a thing, most raids will only bring 1 shadow priest, that's it.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:22 pm

Yeah, honestly, Shadow Priest is not viable in PvE until TBC. If you want to play Spriest, you're much better off PvPing, as they melt face in PvP.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glimwow » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Tinkertown wrote:
Glimwow wrote:If you WANT to play priest then just play priest. Have fun with it.

This surely depends on what he wants to do on max level. For a ton of players raiding is the endgame and if that is his cup of tea then telling him to follow his heart and play shadow is setting him up for likely misery.

Yeah, I'm just saying though. Spriest was something I always wanted back in vanilla but never did it. Now is the perfect time.
Glimwow
Private
Private

by Jeniwyn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:09 am

Glimwow wrote:
Tinkertown wrote:
Glimwow wrote:If you WANT to play priest then just play priest. Have fun with it.

This surely depends on what he wants to do on max level. For a ton of players raiding is the endgame and if that is his cup of tea then telling him to follow his heart and play shadow is setting him up for likely misery.

Yeah, I'm just saying though. Spriest was something I always wanted back in vanilla but never did it. Now is the perfect time.

If is also a perfect time to actually see vanilla endgame content in a proper setting. And that is unlikely to happen as a non-healing priest. Just sayin'.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Priest