Dorfs mandatory for Alliance Raiding?

Dorfs mandatory for Alliance Raiding?

by TheFishyOne » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:12 am

'ey guys.

I have a 60 raid Cleric on Project 1999, and have been toying with the idea of parlaying my raidhealing experience in Classic EQ into Vanilla WoW.

On p99, I rolled Dorf for their superior stats, cultural armor, and the ability to Do A Barrel Roll! as well as the fact that my guidlies are all goofballs, so it's fun to take on a Drunken Dorf persona in Vent and /gu.

Only the last part is relevant here, but I know from my time on Live that Dorfs get exclusive access to Fear Ward, which I have always understood to be the Alliance's Tremor Totem. Humans, on the other hand, get +5% SPI, +10% rep gain, and have a better racial for when it comes to dealing with Gankly Rottenfist, everyone's most hated UD Rogue. Granted, this will be on the PvE server, and +10% rep isn't huge, but +5% SPI is.

Being as I was all but useless as a raider when this content was Live, I can't make a judgement as to how powerful FW is when compared to THS. If a benefits comparison results in a wash between the two, I would rather be a Drunken Dorf, as I hope to be in a guild with one of my p99 guildies.

So there it is. What say you?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Dorfs mandatory for Alliance Raiding?

by Ana » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:16 am

Fear Ward is overrated :P Go human, they're hot.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeniwyn » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:30 am

Dwarf is the safe and most all around bet. In MC and BWL there are a few bosses that fear (most notably Nefarian) and having at least one Dwarf Priest, preferably 2, is something that every Alliance guild is looking for.

After BWL Fear Ward doesn't do a whole lot in PvE, and thus Human is in principle slightly better, even if Stoneform picks up some speed. I went Human, but that is mainly because I was a Human back in the day and wanted a clone of my old char. :P
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by imabaer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:09 am

Fear Ward's really, really convenient when a boss uses fear, but a good tank generally won't need it unless the pooper is really hitting the fan.

The same argument applies to picking your priest race: if you're good, your race choice will be of nominal importance.
imabaer
Private
Private

by gotmilk0112 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:44 am

+5% spirit doesn't really make much of a difference, even at T2/T3 levels. Spirit isn't really our best stat, Int/Healing are. Like say you've got 300 spirit, that's around full raid buffs in full T2 I think. +5% spirit would be a whopping...15 spirit. Whoopdy fuckin' doo.

Fear Ward is infinitely useful at all gear levels. Also you get Stoneform, allowing you to cleanse poison/bleed effects on yourself. Can't tell you how many rogues I've killed with Stoneform when they try to blind me and reset the fight. :lol:
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeniwyn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:54 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:+5% spirit doesn't really make much of a difference, even at T2/T3 levels.

It is a 5% increase on one of the 5 relevant stats. Obviously it will never be dramatic. If my pick would be on pure utility I'd go dwarf as I said. I did however also state my reason for picking human wasn't really utility based. That we end up better for AQ and Naxx raiding is just a bonus for me. If made the decision I wanted to make easier to make.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:12 pm

dwarf master race.
all others shit.
go big or go home.
8-)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ana » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:02 am

Imbaslap wrote:dwarf

Imbaslap wrote:big

Error!
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garfunkel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 pm

Obviously they are useful and if all else is equal, then dorf priest > others.

But that's very rarely the case. Play a race that you can stand looking/playing for months.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imwithstuped » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:00 pm

imabaer wrote:Fear Ward's really, really convenient when a boss uses fear, but a good tank generally won't need it unless the pooper is really hitting the fan.

The same argument applies to picking your priest race: if you're good, your race choice will be of nominal importance.

This makes no sence. U want all tanks / melees to stancedance / avoid fear on magmadar for example ? :S
Imwithstuped
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Priest