Is 8/8 T2 still bugged?

Re: Is 8/8 T2 still bugged?

by Guanyin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Might be outing myself now as completely Clueless, but I'll take the risk.

I understand that it sucks if its bugged when you have 8/8, but how big of an issue is it? As I see it there is stronger options in several slots than T2, making the T2 bonus obsolete. The bonus is good, but not amazing.

As I see it, you can at the most value it as 11 mp5 (the mana you save of not maintaining a rank 5 renew). That asumes you want to cast Gheal at perfect intervals, and not having another rank of it up.

As I think the stronger picks are more valueable than having the set bonus, is this an actual big problem?
Lillasyster - Holy Priest - Ill
Guanyin
Private
Private

by Tinkertown » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:47 am

Guanyin wrote:Might be outing myself now as completely Clueless, but I'll take the risk.

I understand that it sucks if its bugged when you have 8/8, but how big of an issue is it? As I see it there is stronger options in several slots than T2, making the T2 bonus obsolete. The bonus is good, but not amazing.

As I see it, you can at the most value it as 11 mp5 (the mana you save of not maintaining a rank 5 renew). That asumes you want to cast Gheal at perfect intervals, and not having another rank of it up.

As I think the stronger picks are more valueable than having the set bonus, is this an actual big problem?

While you will obviously never reach the maximum value of the bonus, that value is a ton more than 11 mp5.

Greater Heal has a cast time of 2.5s so you can cast two every 5 secs. Renew rank 5 costs 170 mana. So the theoretical maximum with this method is 340 mp5.

The setbonus is fairly amazing in many fights.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guanyin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:39 am

Does the extra renew really stack? I honestly just asumed it didn't. If it does stack it's obviously crazy strong. If it doesn't then you will benefit from it 4 times per minute, as the renew last for 15 seconds. (60/4)

Granted this gives more than my first impression, as my calculations were faulty (divided by 60 rather than 12).

170*4 = 680
680/12 = 56 mp5

Agree that this is much stronger than my first impression, but still not convinced it's good enough to upset the weaker pieces. I will compare these when I'm not at work to figure out where I stand.
Lillasyster - Holy Priest - Ill
Guanyin
Private
Private

by Ana » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 pm

You can cast GH on different targets.
Granted, I'm not aware of a fight that lets you do that a lot and not end up overhealing like crazy, but the potential to output big amounts of extra healing is there.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Armilus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Ana wrote:It has something to do with how the server understands buffs as being (or not being) separate in general. There's plenty of instances where two buffs have no reason not to stack together, but they don't stack together anyway. See Arcane Intelect vs Brilliance vs scrolls vs elixirs. It's a complete mess.
I'm worried this issue is fairly deeply rooted and not at all easy to fix ;s

Arcane intellect/Brilliance did not stack with scrolls or elixirs in vanilla.

In vanilla two buffs that both do the same thing (for example, increase intellect) generally don't stack (aside from food buffs which almost always stack) but there are a few exceptions.

Imbaslap wrote:won't be fixed until everyone is in t3.
#nostlike

Is it even in the bug tracker? I can't find it.

If you want it to get fixed, maybe you should report it?
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cishop » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Armilus wrote:

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2542

it's been active for 2 months at 'Confirmed' Status, with no updates.
Cishop
Private
Private

by Imbaslap » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Cishop wrote:
Armilus wrote:

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2542

it's been active for 2 months at 'Confirmed' Status, with no updates.

shocker.....
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Jeniwyn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm of the opinion that at BWL levels of gear 8 set Transcendence is overall BiS for priests even in its current bugged state even if it isn't true for every fight.

I still haven't played around with it enough to have a firm opinion about what I think when AQ gear is thrown into the mix.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:I'm of the opinion that at BWL levels of gear 8 set Transcendence is overall BiS for priests even in its current bugged state even if it isn't true for every fight.

I still haven't played around with it enough to have a firm opinion about what I think when AQ gear is thrown into the mix.

shouldn't matter.
shit is bugged, they need to fix it.
simple as that.

unless you want the same discussion a year later when Naxx is around the corner and people are like "yeah.. I'm sure there are options in Naxx that could be better"
then find out tier 3 set is busted to shit
:roll:
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Jeniwyn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Yeah, obviously it should still be fixed.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest