Feeling discouraged with healing battlegrounds

Feeling discouraged with healing battlegrounds

by Colezz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:33 pm

So have been healing battlegrounds for few months now, in pugs but mostly premades and am looking for some input on how other priests heal bgs. I have been using Luna frames which I find extremely helpful due to it having incoming heal, dispell pictures so I know who is steeped etc and the range filter. Usually when I am say in a group fight at blacksmith or whatever I use click casting and dispelling as I find it really quick .

The only downside to this is I am focussing too hard on my raid frames and not seeing what's happening in the battle in front of me. the effect of this means sometimes I will be spam clicking flash heal on someone on my raid frames and not notice for some seconds they are actually out of range ( due to Luna range filter not being totally accurate). Or someone is taking damage just out my range and I'm not in Los, but since I have been staring at my raid frames I have no idea where they are so I waste time by mind visioning.

Often times also feel like there is so much going on at once I'm not sure which to prioritise. I first prioritise sleeps on other healers then healing. But I have been told about dispelling enemies and putting up trash buffs on friendly players. Not sure how it's possible to do this as well since if I start focussing on offensive dispelling or trash buffs one of our players will die.

Curious how other priests go about healing bgs whether click casting raid frames or using Ctrl v nameplates or something else quicker
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Feeling discouraged with healing battlegrounds

by Santana » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Make your HUD more centralized. Key cooldown abilities can be shown right next to your character by putting them on a separate, hotkeyless action bar. Move your target, yourself and your party frames from the top/left edge to somewhere more in the middle (I like to have my target and my frame below my char). Buffs/debuffs in the top right is also way out of the way; put em in the center somewhere.

Pretty easy to watch raid frames, debuffs and combat when they are all beside each other.
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Priest