Polymorph you!

Polymorph you!

by Riplin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Quick little rant.

Every time a mage begins casting poly and I silence him, I still get poly'd and my silence is on cooldown. I haven't noticed this with any other spell. This isn't a fluke once in a while, it's every single time. If it were lag and the poly hit first, my silence wouldn't go on cooldown.

Annoying to say the least. Seems it should immediately interrupt enemy casting, right?

Maybe it doesn't, and isn't supposed to and I only notice it with poly because I then sit there for 30s as they re-apply.
Riplin
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Polymorph you!

by flowison » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Riplin wrote:Quick little rant.

Every time a mage begins casting poly and I silence him, I still get poly'd and my silence is on cooldown. I haven't noticed this with any other spell. This isn't a fluke once in a while, it's every single time. If it were lag and the poly hit first, my silence wouldn't go on cooldown.

Annoying to say the least. Seems it should immediately interrupt enemy casting, right?

Maybe it doesn't, and isn't supposed to and I only notice it with poly because I then sit there for 30s as they re-apply.

then shield yourself and let him polymorph you.
as soon as it breaks you will win
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Riplin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 pm

flowison wrote:
Riplin wrote:Quick little rant.

then shield yourself and let him polymorph you.
as soon as it breaks you will win

9 times out of 10 I stay in poly until there's 10 allies ready to pounce so shield doesn't do much. Trinketing is a waste on a spammable spell unless it's 1v1 and my silence is still ready.
Riplin
Grunt
Grunt

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:45 am

Casts in general are bugged like that on nost. Unless the ability explicitly states that it will interrupt spellcasting, then it won't.

It happens with stuns and incapacitate effects as well; stunning/incapping in the middle of a cast will not stop the cast.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Priest