Getting endgame instance groups as Shadow?

Getting endgame instance groups as Shadow?

by Santana » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Talking about 5/10 mans. How difficult is it? Are you passed on frequently for Mages/Locks?
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Getting endgame instance groups as Shadow?

by varth » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:59 pm

You would do ok, theres a couple instances that having a shadowpriest is decent. dm tribute runs for soothe, dm west for shackle, scholo for shackle, ud strat for shackle. All those instances you would have a good shot at getting a slot. Other instances mages and locks just bring so much more to the table that it's not even close. They do easily 50% more dps, aoe, and sheep/banish are both very useful.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jeniwyn » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:06 pm

You really shouldn't have any problems. In fact, shadow priests are a strong 5/10 man class given their competitive dps, ability to cc a common mob type that many other classes have an issue with, their ability to resurrect in the inevitable case of random deaths and the ability to off-heal (although diminished severely if gearing for max dps in +shadow gear, since off-healing is often done on fumes with low rank heals).

However, you might struggle anyway since many players will be unable to see that suboptimal in a raid setting =/= suboptimal in 5-mans.

varth wrote:mages and locks [...] easily [do] 50% more dps

Nah, not in 5-mans. In a raid setting sure. I've topped meters in 5-mans smiting and that is without raid gear since I don't get any smite gear. :twisted: *waves fist at mumin*

The problem with shadow is not output, it's sustainability without giving up output. And ofc debuff slots (even with 16), but that is really secondary tbh.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Syphonize » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:50 am

You'll be fine. One of shadow's biggest issues is running out of steam (in raids, anyway) and in 5-mans this simply isn't an issue.

In fact, if your group's healer is a druid, going as a shadow priest is very useful because you'll bring a res along.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lardin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:10 am

i never had any problem getting into 5 mans, especially because i basically applied as dps/heal, meaning twice the chance of getting into a group.

only in ubrs i would suggest to heal exclusively. 10 man doesn't really allow for much dps with dots.

also don't tell ppl you're shadow when you're supposed to heal. many ppl seem to think that shadow spec somehow makes you unable to heal a 5 man lol.
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
DEFEND STABRU TRADE WINS EARN DORRARS
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Priest