Best 5-man comp to ensure no loot comp for priest gear?

Best 5-man comp to ensure no loot comp for priest gear?

by itwasfree » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Howdy,

I frequently actively organize my 5-mans while leveling. As the person taking the time to gather the group, I have no qualms about inviting classes that minimize my loot competition. As any physical melee or ranged class, this has been quite simple. On my warrior, I tank and stack the party with mages, locks, hunters, and rogues. On my hunters & rogues, I stack the party with mages and locks.

What's key here is that mages & locks provide good single target dps, aoe, and CC, so it both benefits my loot table & my run.

But as a priest, I struggle to organize the same zero loot competition. I heal to minimize another clothie. Then I have my tank. But I feel I can't organize a party without a mage (sheeps are the best CC in the game as sap in vanilla is so unreliable. Plus free water).

tldr;
The comp I have been running is:
Warrior
Rogue
Hunter
Shaman
Healer (me, priest)

Frankly, it lacks CC & damage.
Any advice besides man up and compete like the rest of the plebes?
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Best 5-man comp to ensure no loot comp for priest gear?

by Ana » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:41 pm

itwasfree wrote:Frankly, it lacks CC & damage

Get people who aren't awful, then. Just about any composition can handle 5-mans easily (fuck I've been doing Scholo as spriest + retridin + druid healer + 2 rogues and there were no issues).

I guess you could replace the shaman with another hunter for extra CC though.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Best 5-man comp to ensure no loot comp for priest gear?

by Sonasol » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:18 pm

U realy need mages on lower lv dungeons? Taking mages on those lvls is just loosing time. They need to drink all the time... They are very important at 60 but not before that in my opinion.
So gogo rogues , warriors and hunters. If you dont have mana probs runs will be real fast
Sonasol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Priest