Priest Leveling Guide

Re: Priest Leveling Guide

by Phyle » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:35 am

Forcerius wrote:
Garfunkel wrote:Jeesus christ you guys are taking this seriously!

Just level as disc/holy, no need to argue about shadowform then :D

Only way to be the best is to take it seriously. Not everyone cares about that though. I do.

Also, does mind flay do more damage (relatively) later? Because my wand does more damage it seems at 26.

When you do not find a better wand at higher levels in could be. But the damage with the 25% dmg+ is really good and using the wand costs no mana.
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Forcerius » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Phyle wrote:
Forcerius wrote:
Garfunkel wrote:Jeesus christ you guys are taking this seriously!

Just level as disc/holy, no need to argue about shadowform then :D

Only way to be the best is to take it seriously. Not everyone cares about that though. I do.

Also, does mind flay do more damage (relatively) later? Because my wand does more damage it seems at 26.

When you do not find a better wand at higher levels in could be. But the damage with the 25% dmg+ is really good and using the wand costs no mana.

Thanks, yeah i'm using gravestone + imp wand atm, seems better than mind flay at 27. Then again, gravestone is way OP for its level.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Mind Flay rank 1 is awful, rank 2 is awful, rank 3 is okish, rank 4 is when it starts doing real damage. And I'm talking about the spell scaling itself, the fact that you have shadowform with rank 4 certainly contributes some to the awesomeness :P
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Forcerius » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Ana wrote:Mind Flay rank 1 is awful, rank 2 is awful, rank 3 is okish, rank 4 is when it starts doing real damage. And I'm talking about the spell scaling itself, the fact that you have shadowform with rank 4 certainly contributes some to the awesomeness :P

Good to know. I need to get leveling. Been wasting too much time and can't wait till shadowform at 40.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vofk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:59 pm

Great guide! Works like a charm but i have a question. How long should i consider myself as a healer in this spec?
Shall i able to heal ZF or SM as a spriest? I've been a dps all my life so now i want some vanila healing experience
Vofk
Tester

by kekiot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 am

Forcerius wrote:
Ana wrote:Mind Flay rank 1 is awful, rank 2 is awful, rank 3 is okish, rank 4 is when it starts doing real damage. And I'm talking about the spell scaling itself, the fact that you have shadowform with rank 4 certainly contributes some to the awesomeness :P

Good to know. I need to get leveling. Been wasting too much time and can't wait till shadowform at 40.

Keep in mind that mind flay is bugged and rarely damages 3 times in a single cast, which makes the lower ranks worse than awful, hehe.
kekiot
Private
Private

by gambinho » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Vofk wrote:Great guide! Works like a charm but i have a question. How long should i consider myself as a healer in this spec?
Shall i able to heal ZF or SM as a spriest? I've been a dps all my life so now i want some vanila healing experience

Hey. You Can heal all 5mans as a spriest
gambinho
Grunt
Grunt

by Haitharn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:33 am

gambinho wrote:
Vofk wrote:Great guide! Works like a charm but i have a question. How long should i consider myself as a healer in this spec?

Hey. You Can heal all 5mans as a spriest

This means, you can heal 5 mans as a shadow specced priest. Do not try to heal as a shadowformed priest. You will not see good results. :D
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Phyle » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Healing as a Shadow specced priest is very easy. I can heal Instances which where are to high for me with a tank had a higher level. One time I was mistaken as Holypriest, because I healed so good :D . With enough gear critical situations with multiple damaged teammates are possible to heal.
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fisher » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:34 am

Sorry for the delayed response. A couple others have answered your question, but I'd like to as well. It's entirely possible to heal all 5-man content as Shadow. The talents provided in the Discipline or Holy trees, while useful, are not critical to your ability to heal as a priest. Most of what makes you able to heal well is proper gear. As long as you carry a set with more Intellect and +Healing, you won't really need to respec to heal dungeons, ever.

It also helps to know how to use downranked spells so you don't waste mana overhealing. Use mana efficient heals, and you'll do fine.
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Priest