Re: Priest Leveling Guide

by Janemary » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 am

Awesome guide!
Janemary
Tester

by Healyheals » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Great guide!

I've done the same leveling to 39, but I actually prefer to switch to holy dps then. (hear me out) At 39 you can go 0/25/5, with the 5/5 spiritual guidance for +25% of spirit as magic damage/healing and 5/5 spirit tap. So you gain spell power based on your spirit, and spirit tap doubles your spirit for 15 seconds. That converts to a nice damage boost after every mob. It's essentially the same strategy, moving from mob to mob quickly and never drinking. And the standard holy dps talents include useful bonuses for healing 5 mans (casting time, crit chance, holy nova). The rest of the points go into disc while leveling eventually getting spirit buff at 60, where you can keep the spec while healing pre raid dungeons and still have excellent farming capabilities. Probably slightly less kills per hour but definitely viable!
Healyheals
Private
Private

by huertakas » Mon May 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Healyheals wrote:Great guide!

I've done the same leveling to 39, but I actually prefer to switch to holy dps then. (hear me out) At 39 you can go 0/25/5, with the 5/5 spiritual guidance for +25% of spirit as magic damage/healing and 5/5 spirit tap. So you gain spell power based on your spirit, and spirit tap doubles your spirit for 15 seconds. That converts to a nice damage boost after every mob. It's essentially the same strategy, moving from mob to mob quickly and never drinking. And the standard holy dps talents include useful bonuses for healing 5 mans (casting time, crit chance, holy nova). The rest of the points go into disc while leveling eventually getting spirit buff at 60, where you can keep the spec while healing pre raid dungeons and still have excellent farming capabilities. Probably slightly less kills per hour but definitely viable!

Nice one!
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bqMhsV0oZfxt0bbVZx

I tend to agree around level 40, wand damage starts to become inferior to spell damage like Smite or Mind Flay in dps which become twice as good (100+dps versus 50+dps). With spirit tap you still don't have to drink if you time it right, i.e.
- Stop casting spells 4 to 5 seconds before the mob will die to your wand,
- Start pulling the next mob with wand and,
- Don't cast Pain or any spells until spirit tap wears off,
this will give you the maximum in mana regeneration each fight while still burning mobs almost as fast as a mage without having to drink.
huertakas
Private
Private

by Healyheals » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:16 pm

huertakas wrote:Nice one!
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bqMhsV0oZfxt0bbVZx

I tend to agree around level 40, wand damage starts to become inferior to spell damage like Smite or Mind Flay in dps which become twice as good (100+dps versus 50+dps). With spirit tap you still don't have to drink if you time it right, i.e.
- Stop casting spells 4 to 5 seconds before the mob will die to your wand,
- Start pulling the next mob with wand and,
- Don't cast Pain or any spells until spirit tap wears off,
this will give you the maximum in mana regeneration each fight while still burning mobs almost as fast as a mage without having to drink.

Yeah spirit tap is great for regen, but you don't want to wand while it's up with this build. You still get 50% of the regen while casting, and the big thing here is the damage boost while spirit tap doubles your spirit. That's what really makes this build efficient. If you're having mana problems, try finishing off mobs with wanding to allow a little extra regen time (but initiate next mob with holy fire/spells). Or drink once every 10 mobs or something, depends on your gear and how strong the mobs are.
Healyheals
Private
Private

by Fisher » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 pm

It's been a long time since I've bothered even looking on this thread, but I'm surprised to come back and notice that it's been stickied! Thanks a million for that.

With Nostalrius being revived soon (over at Elysium), I think I'll bookmark this page once again and resume conversing with people about the guide. If Elysium's forums prove to be active, I'll probably end up transferring the guide over there, instead.
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

by flowison » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:45 am

esylium forum is well active!
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Priest