Best Holy Talent Spec

Re: Best Holy Talent Spec

by Obamacare » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Without ZG buff when I was spec'd for PI (extra 10% mana) and Im only 2 pieces short of full T2, I was hitting about 8900 mana, that's without ZG Buff.
Obamacare
Grunt
Grunt

by Ayag » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:26 am

Yes but that includes motw+ai+flask right ?
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Jeniwyn » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:54 am

Ayag wrote:Yes but that includes motw+ai+flask right ?

Not the flask. That would have put him way higher.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ayag » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Mmm I don't really get it then.
Without +10% mana I'm sitting at 6400 unbuffed and back when I was specced with 10% I reached slightly above 10k with ai/motw/flask. Is BoK that op ? :)
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Ana » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 pm

BoK gives +10% int on top of EVERYTHING. If you have 450 int raidbuffed without BoK then BoK will give you almost 700 extra mana (more with the mana talent).
Yes, it's OP as hell.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:41 pm

6871 with no buffs. with AI, zg buff, motw, kings I was at 9271 mana alliance side.

no 10% mana talent.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Garfunkel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:I think that you vastly overestimate how bad the situation must be for PoH to be the best spell.

That might also be true. My thinking is that unless the entire group I am in has taken sufficient (1k+) damage, it's better to cast something else. We consistently have 10+ healers on the raid, they are generally pretty smart about not standing in rain of fire and are pretty well geared as we've been farming MC and BWL for months now. So that might also play a part.

If you have the math to prove that I'm being too conservative with PoH, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Always room for improvement.

Imbaslap wrote:6871 with no buffs. with AI, zg buff, motw, kings I was at 9271 mana alliance side.

no 10% mana talent.

I'll have to double check mine.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeniwyn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Note: When I talk about the number of targets, 3 targets might mean 2 people on full and 3 who will get the full heal or 1 person will get the full heal and 4 people will get on average half. I do not distinguish. This is why fractions of targets make sense.

Let's assume 1000 +healing (after gear, spirit, buffs everything)

PoH Rank 1 then heals each target for about
321*1.1 + 1000*3/3.5/3 = 639

Mana cost is 328
Cast time is 3s

HPS per target is about 213
HPM per target is about 1.95

If you hit ~4 targets, a fairly common situation, you outpace FH6 in HPS and have the HPM of LH3/H1/H2. At ~3 targets you are comparable to H4 in both HPM and HPS. Above 4 targets the only spell that can really compete are higher ranks of PoH.

PoH Rank 4 is another beast entirely:
940*1,1 + 1000*3/3,5/3 = 1320
824 mana
3s

HPS per target is about 440
HPM per target is about 1.6

If you hit ~4 targets your HPS is about double that of FH7 (max rank) and has the HPM of GH1 (without 8/8). At ~3 targets you are still at 150% HPS of FH7 and have significantly better HPM (4.8 vs 3.75). You shouldn't use this on ~3 targets in situations that are fairly safe unless you think there is a very high likelihood that more damage will hit your group during the cast. Over 4 targets its just more of the good stuff, at the magic full 5 you have 250% of FH7's HPS at LH3/H1/H2's HPM. :twisted:

Note that all of these comparisons are against the other heals when they do absolutely no overhealing. If you factor in that you might overheal say 20% of the alternative on average, then PoH only has to hit ~3.2 targets to get the 4 target values and ~2.4 to get the 3 target values. I'm telling you it is a beast of a spell.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gardash » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:17 am

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxRhsV0oZdxtcc0Vx

Reasoning:
- You need spirit buff. If you can organize it with your raid that only 1 priest is specced into it and buffs the whole raid, I guess you can put that 1 point elsewhere, but guilds like that are few and far between, and you'll gimp yourself and possibly your entire raid/group in non 40-man content where you might be the only priest.
- Holy nova has no direct utility in the raid environment. However, its benefits come from Dire Maul farming allowing you to make tons of cash to buy or craft consumables for use in the raid. From this perspective, that one point in Nova might be the most valuable single point in your entire spec. If you have an alternate means of making money, then you can put this point somewhere else.
- Imp Renew is basically useless, but it's probably the best place to put that extra point to get you further down the tree.
Gardash
Grunt
Grunt

by Ayag » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Well indeed BoK is insane. I reach 9k+ with flask/ai/motw if not specced into 10% mana. You reach the same without flask. Ahah.

PoH is very good and don't forget you can downrank it ! If you use it on Vael obviously you don't care about the mana but there is tons of situations where a PoH is probably the best spell you can use (cf. the ones I stated previously). Focus + PoH 4/5 is also very enjoyable.

I agree that Holy Nova doesn't do much. I recently respecced into it but I barely ever use it. My priests enjoy using it in aoe environment to proc the card but I doubt it is a one-point wonder.

I don't agree that imp renew is useless. It is indeed not the best place to spend points but it's far from being useless. I don't know if renews get overwritten on your server but if they doesn't, you kind of want the priest with the best +hb to have imp renew. Overall it has great utility.
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Priest