Best Holy Talent Spec

Re: Best Holy Talent Spec

by Ayag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 pm

I think it's a bit harsh to say FH is a waste of mana.
It's obviously not the most effective spell (low HPM) but it's one of my most used spell on trash when the situation(s) make a 2,5s heal too long.
It is however true that SH doesn't add much HB to Heal 1-4 (respectively 44/54/71/88 equivalent HB) therefore I understand your choice of going MS.

May I ask where are you raiding ? I don't want to fall into the gear/experience validating an argument, I am just curious of the setups/raids involved : )
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Garfunkel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:44 pm

I raid with Blacklisted. We usually have 10-12 healers.

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Laureliana

There's usually 2-3 druids and the rest are a pretty even mix of paladins and priests. So there is hardly ever any point in competing with the paladins with speed and if I tried, I'd probably waste a lot of my mana with Flash Heals without improving my efficient heal much or at all. So I stick with Heal R1 and R4 mostly, saving Greater Heal for tank healing at hard-hitting bosses. I'm certainly not topping healing meters but I don't need to drink often and I have plenty of mana at hand if things suddenly go south, and it's not like our raiders are dying left and right due to lack of healing.

Obviously if a raid is lacking paladins, then Flash Heal becomes more useful because you have to keep healing up and I do use it occasionally, often combined with PWS if somebody pulls aggro and gets pummeled. But I don't just see the point of competing with Flash of Light (1.5s) and Holy Light (2.5s).
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ayag » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't raid Vanilla on Alliance so the dynamics are probably different.
We raid usually with 4-6 priests, 4-5 shamans and only 1-3 druids.
On Horde, Shamans are spamming Chain Heals on trash and are virtually unbeatable, especially the 5/5 T2.5 + 3/8 T2 ones.
But I still use, on trash, a lot of FH to provide a quick snipe heal, not to top meters, just to have a strong quick heal. + PWS when needed and a few renews here & there.

On bosses it's mainly Heal 1-4 depending on the situation. Very rarely GH because as I said previously it's rare for the tanks to lose enough health for GH to be viable (too much OH). Hence Heal 1-4. LH3 sometimes too.
That's why I never wear full T2 because I'm rarely/never in a situation where it's useful.

I am not sure I totally understood your last sentence, probably because I don't know much about Paladins.
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Garfunkel » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Oh yeah, things are different for Horde since no paladins for them in vanilla. Anyway, that's just my experience, I don't mean to imply that what works for me is the only way to do it.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeniwyn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Ayag wrote:That's why I never wear full T2 because I'm rarely/never in a situation where it's useful.

I haven't taken it off since I got it. ^^
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:06 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:
Ayag wrote:That's why I never wear full T2 because I'm rarely/never in a situation where it's useful.

I haven't taken it off since I got it. ^^

I think 8/8 t2 is very useful for alliance priests compared to horde. combine it with the edge of madness ZG trinket, it becomes a powerful flash heal with a free hot left over. 1.5s cast time for 15s, 3min CD. very useful for raid hps when you need it.

as for shamans... well GG. chain heal too op.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Jeniwyn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:30 pm

I guess thats the result of playing healer as horde on a 1.12 server. Its not going to be very Blizzlike.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ayag » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 am

What do you mean ?
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Jeniwyn » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:54 am

Chain Heal didn't get changed to smart targeting until patch 1.12.1 and that was released after even Naxx was cleared and only a few short months before TBC hit. Basically whenever I read "because Chain Heal" I translate to "because not Blizzlike".
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mallux » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:Chain Heal didn't get changed to smart targeting until patch 1.12.1 and that was released after even Naxx was cleared and only a few short months before TBC hit. Basically whenever I read "because Chain Heal" I translate to "because not Blizzlike".

And it's not just that Chain Heal is smart. It's also because on this server, like on Feenix, the spell coefficients are screwed up. The first bounce is double dipping on +healing, and the second bounce is triple dipping +healing. If this bug sticks around at Naxx level +healing bounces will actually heal for MORE than the initial heal.
mallux
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Priest