by mystgunner » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:55 am

not enough light well
mystgunner
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Best Holy Talent Spec

by Jeniwyn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 am

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxThsZbLtcfMqx

This is my recommendation for the current content i.e MC/BWL.

Holy Nova doesn't do a whole lot for raiding. Can easily be changed to the last 1% crit. I prefer to have it though. It is a matter of taste and what you do outside of raiding.

Obviously not every priest in your raid can spec this way as you need at least 1 preferably 2 with spirit buff. (Note that it is a lot cheaper than PW:F to cast, there is absolutely no need for all to have it)
Last edited by Jeniwyn on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by res » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:17 pm

Improved renew increases renews healing by about 8 per tick/talent point - so 24 per tick when you have all three talent points. That adds up to about 120 more healing per renew cast.
Looking at renews limited use in raids (most of it just becomes overhealing) I'd say that it's a somewhat questionable choice.

Spirit of Redemption is kind of like picking night elf for "improved death" - you don't want to die in the first place.
I guess it has it's uses in pvp and maybe vaelastrasz, but that's about the only places I can think of where it would be expected of anyone to die in current content.
So between Spirit of Redemption and Divine Spirit I'd take divine spirit.

I can't say I use prayer of healing often (I prefer to us Holy Nova on vael because it generates no threat, and leaves me more time to renew/flash heal other groups and mana isn't an issue during that fight anyway) so I can't speak at all about those talents.

This is a picture I posted 10 months ago here in the priest forum - when the server was still relatively new, I think most of it still holds true (maybe not the 10% mana part, but back then there wasn't a lot of +healing)

Technically the stamina and spirit talents are only required by 1 person/raid but that would lead to a lot of downtime, and on the other hand everyone in the raid could be running around with power infusion since healing isn't really a problem in current content - why not just let some mage kill mobs faster?
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jeniwyn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:39 pm

res wrote:I can't say I use prayer of healing often

:o :shock: :o

....really?

I use it a freaking ton. Probably north of 50 casts most raids. Excluding Vael. By far the best priest spell.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mallux » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:

....really?

I use it a freaking ton. Probably north of 50 casts most raids. Excluding Vael. By far the best priest spell.

Over on horde side with chain heals flying everywhere, I could go nearly an entire raid without using it.
mallux
Private
Private

by Jeniwyn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:51 pm

mallux wrote:
Jeniwyn wrote:

....really?

Over on horde side with chain heals flying everywhere, I could go nearly an entire raid without using it.

1.12 Chain Heal. It really isn't Blizzlike imo. WTB a 1.11 private server so I can try horde.

Still I'm certain I'd cast a lot of PoH even as horde it's just too effective.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Nova is amazing for vael, DM e farming, and popping invis so its definitely worth it to me. Poh is decent enough on horde that I have it bound, nice for Hatcher's in suppression but yeah the chain heal snipe can be very real
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Garfunkel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Something is badly wrong with your raid if you constantly use PoH and it's actually needed. I use it at Vael only and with Inner Focus on those rare "OH SHIT" moments when my group has taken serious damage. Meaning I cast it once or twice per raid.

varth wrote:Nova is amazing for vael, DM e farming, and popping invis so its definitely worth it to me.

Yup, I rarely find a use for it in raids but on a busy PvP server like ours, it can be very handy.

res wrote:Spirit of Redemption is kind of like picking night elf for "improved death" - you don't want to die in the first place.

Agreed, even if I am a useless nelf priest. Divine Spirit is certainly more useful than SoR. Sure, it might make the crucial difference between a wipe and a kill if things are really close but that's pretty damn rare.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Priest