About Priest Leveling

About Priest Leveling

by Cloud » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:53 am

I never played in Vanilla retail, only in BC and after, and never as a Priest.

So, I would to know if Priest spec Disc is good for leveling and do some dungeon as healer ( at low level at least, <35-40 lvl )

I try to search on other forums but their are all talking about latest extantion ...

And sorry about my english ^^ ( ===> French guy ... :oops: )
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

Re: About Priest Leveling

by Snippan » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:41 pm

just put points to improve your wand in disc. The rest should be in shadow for faster leveling. Healing wont be much of a problem in 5 mans.
Snippan
Tester

by Hatson » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Cloud wrote:I never played in Vanilla retail, only in BC and after, and never as a Priest.

Just in case then: Remember Priest used to have racial abilities back then. So what race you play on the Priest can also be very important.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cloud » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Okay to put points on "Wand" but i Realy ask about Disc spec to leveling, and not shadow. I read that Disc will Hit Hard and will give me the possibility to heal and protect in dungeon ( and my self in solo ). And i will also put 5 point in "Spirit Trap" ( shadow ).

And for the Race, I thinked about DWARF :) Is it good ?
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

by Snippan » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Well if what you want is to "Hit hard" then shadow is certainly the way to go. And you go very deep in to that tree so you'll get Shadowform. Your ability to heal will still be enough for a 5 man dungeon.
Snippan
Tester

by Hatson » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Cloud wrote:And for the Race, I thinked about DWARF :) Is it good ?

Dwarf Priest racial is Fear Ward. Usually the best pick for PvE. And also very useful in PvP.
Fear Ward is an amazing spell, so you definitely can't go wrong with a Dwarf Priest.
Stoneform is also very useful in PvP. So that's a bonus. Also, you're a dwarf. They're pretty badass looking.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cloud » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks for your help =)

I will play a Dwarf, and try to do a Disc leveling, but I apreciated your answer Snippan.
I want to play fun and with originality ^^
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Cloud wrote:I never played in Vanilla retail, only in BC and after, and never as a Priest.

So, I would to know if Priest spec Disc is good for leveling and do some dungeon as healer ( at low level at least, <35-40 lvl )

I try to search on other forums but their are all talking about latest extantion ...

And sorry about my english ^^ ( ===> French guy ... :oops: )

Discipline is pretty terrible for leveling pal, the worst choice by far. A lot of the talents don't do anything to help you fight mobs. It's a tree designed to buff others and last longer before running OOM. Neither of these are helpful for questing by yourself. Holy is amazing 1-39 with Spirit Tap, and Shadow has no contest 40-60 with Shadowform. If you're grouped most of the time with a dedicated friend while leveling, then sure, you could take Dis, but if you just as well could have went Holy to damage+heal better. If you're alone most of the time however, I think Disc is quite a foolish tree to invest in until later on when your main tree is maxed out. On a small private server, dungeon runs will be rare, as will running into other players once the population spreads out. Retail servers typically had 10-20k online players, that's per realm. This'll maybe be 500, if we're lucky. Even getting to 1k could take a long time, if it occurs at all.

This means you need to improve your soloing, and Dis isn't going to do that as well as Holy or Shadow. If you really want to trudge through the levels with this unnecessarily slower tree, I hope you at least max Wand Spec and Force of Will as soon as they open. The first should come after Spirit Tap, so it is not the first 5 levels.

For the Priest racials, none make a big difference. Just take the race you like most. Dwarf may be best, but Human or Night Elf are perfectly fine. You don't have to suffer with a race you don't like. I prefer Undead. For a list of the racial spells, Feenix has a thread.
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/1430 ... abilities/
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cloud » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Big thanks Drain, I understand a litle better your opinion and Snippan too. We are not in an official server, less people so less dungeon it's right. So I think I will go to Holy / Shadow .
I'm in a guild so I will do some dungeon but shadow will help me to solo the most of the time. Sorry, It took me a long time to understand.

Thanks all of you 3 ;) a realy good server and community !
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

by Præisten » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:34 am

10- 39 = holy+wand
40-60 = shadow, because of shadowform

Don't forget wands. With talents they can burst out alot of dmg for no mana, decreasing downtime alot. Priest is infact a very interesting class to level. I liked it better than than leveling up hunter. Both in shadow and holy specc, you can heal most low level dungeons.
Præisten
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Priest