LGBT guild <Stonewall Champions>

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

Re: LGBT guild <Stonewall Champions>

by nervous » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:28 am

I for one applaud and support a guild that makes a commitment to stand up for cross factional and interracial marriage.

As a PoC (person of color), cisgendered, neurotypical, able-bodied, monosexual, socially acceptable body sized, one spirit, I know what it's like to be labeled. But you just can't quit. You have to own that label, and do what makes you happy.

There is two halves to a heart, and two hundred genders (which is a social construct btw).

Hands up. Don't shoot.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Neversummerdrew » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:33 am

SuplexGod wrote:
Neversummerdrew wrote:snip

The fact that you use your sexual preference as your soul identifying marker in a video game opens you up to all kinds of trolling, and paints a large target on your back for people who truly buy into all that anti-gay bullshit. I'm sure there are a couple of hundred people on this server that are gay, bi, or transgender in plenty of other guilds, why must you use your sexual identity for recruiting in a video game? It's almost like you guys thrive on your this self inflicted oppression by advertising your guild like that.

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. If you aren't interested then don't join. Others are and have. LGBT guilds have a long tradition in WoW as well as other games. The whole point to creating and being a member of a guild is to organize and associate yourself with people of like-interests and identities. It is called "solidarity". And, as I stated in the OP, the very reason there is so much bigotry out there (as can be seen from this forum and from general chat in-game) is the very reason why guilds like ours are necessary.

As for your claim that we open ourselves up to trolling... I beg to differ sir and you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking such a thing. No one "opens themselves up to" harassment or bullying of any kind. It is not the girls fault that she got raped just because she was wearing a short skirt!!! It is never the fault of the victim when they are bullied or harassed or "trolled". NEVER! And your attitudes and the attitudes of people like yourself are why problems like this persist in society. Members of the LGBT community shouldn't just go and hide in some dark corner and stay out of sight or else accept the harassment that you seem to think they crave so much! You are a part of the problem sir and I point you out!

Players are welcome to create and be a part of any guild they so choose. If you don't like it, then don't join. But don't give me your two cents about how we should all just sit down and shut up and quit "asking for it"!
Neversummerdrew
Private
Private

by Neversummerdrew » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:35 am

nervous wrote:I for one applaud and support a guild that makes a commitment to stand up for cross factional and interracial marriage.

As a PoC (person of color), cisgendered, neurotypical, able-bodied, monosexual, socially acceptable body sized, one spirit, I know what it's like to be labeled. But you just can't quit. You have to own that label, and do what makes you happy.

There is two halves to a heart, and two hundred genders (which is a social construct btw).

Hands up. Don't shoot.

Thank you so much for this!
Neversummerdrew
Private
Private

by Botanist » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:46 am

Please excuse my cishet guildmates. Welcome to nostrilis we love you long time:

Edited.
Level 3 <GRIZZLY> Member
Level 1 Public Relations Trainee (Grizzly dindu nuffin division)
Starshina Second Class of RIDF Nostalrius Sector
Rank 1 Care Coordinator and Executive Administrator of the <GRIZZLY> Seeking Elites Precinct
Botanist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by SuplexGod » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 am

Neversummerdrew wrote:Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. If you aren't interested then don't join. Others are and have. LGBT guilds have a long tradition in WoW as well as other games. The whole point to creating and being a member of a guild is to organize and associate yourself with people of like-interests and identities. It is called "solidarity". And, as I stated in the OP, the very reason there is so much bigotry out there (as can be seen from this forum and from general chat in-game) is the very reason why guilds like ours are necessary.

Well, the whole point of creating a guild in World of Warcraft is to play World of Warcraft. The guild <GRIZZLY> (the one that is doing all of the trolling) has had or currently has 3-4 gay people, 1 bi person, and 2 transgendered people. We don't give a shit if you enjoy the company of guys, girls or both. We made the guild to raid, and piss people off, and we are the most tight-knit group of people you'll probably ever meet. You're just perpetuating your victim complex by creating a strictly LGBT, or people that support your "cause", guild. Play WoW to play WoW not bring in your sexual preference as grounds for admission into a guild.

Neversummerdrew wrote:As for your claim that we open ourselves up to trolling... I beg to differ sir and you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking such a thing. No one "opens themselves up to" harassment or bullying of any kind. It is not the girls fault that she got raped just because she was wearing a short skirt!!! It is never the fault of the victim when they are bullied or harassed or "trolled". NEVER! And your attitudes and the attitudes of people like yourself are why problems like this persist in society. Members of the LGBT community shouldn't just go and hide in some dark corner and stay out of sight or else accept the harassment that you seem to think they crave so much! You are a part of the problem sir and I point you out!

That is the most Tumblr backwards thinking bullshit. IF you want true equality then don't go around using any excuse you can find to build up walls and create animosity. You want the bigotry to stop? Then stop looking at any disagreement as bigotry, and the fact that you state you're the flamboyant type of gay is in itself a form of bigotry and segregation.

Neversummerdrew wrote:Players are welcome to create and be a part of any guild they so choose. If you don't like it, then don't join. But don't give me your two cents about how we should all just sit down and shut up and quit "asking for it"!

No one said anything about sitting down and shutting up. You're again so flustered by casual internet trolling that you've gone into the corner and put your hands over your ears and started screaming, "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Any kind of disagreement by others different from you are taken as bigotry and oppression.
SuplexGod
Grunt
Grunt

by artillery » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 am

Is this thread real life
artillery
Tester

by PanTheSatyr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 pm

SuplexGod wrote:Well, the whole point of creating a guild in World of Warcraft is to play World of Warcraft. The guild <GRIZZLY> (the one that is doing all of the trolling) has had or currently has 3-4 gay people, 1 bi person, and 2 transgendered people. We don't give a shit if you enjoy the company of guys, girls or both. We made the guild to raid, and piss people off, and we are the most tight-knit group of people you'll probably ever meet. You're just perpetuating your victim complex by creating a strictly LGBT, or people that support your "cause", guild. Play WoW to play WoW not bring in your sexual preference as grounds for admission into a guild.

I'm glad you don't give a shit about someone's sexual orientation, gender, etc. But you're missing the point when you veer off and mention a "victim complex".

Not a single day goes by without someone in World chat being called a "faggot", "phaggot", "fgt" etc. And if you call someone out on it, you're invariably told to "Shut upfag". There's this whole dudebro mentality that's on Nostalrius big time. Is it any wonder that a guild that provides a LGBTQ-friendly atmosphere may not just be wanted but NEEDED by people playing this game? The mere fact that people feel the need to speak out against or troll a "cause" guild is proof that such a guild is in fact needed.

(Also, sexual orientation (not preference) is NOT grounds for admission to their guild. It's for LGBTQ community and allies.)

I'm glad you have a tight-knit group of people who like to play WoW. What's wrong with wanting to find a tight-knit group of people who like to play WoW who are LGBTQ-friendly? Or Christian? Or whatever? What's it to you?
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by tuck3r » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:25 pm

rofl best thread on the forums
ogtucker-undead-warlock
1337 status playa
tuck3r
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Harold » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Edited.
Harold
Private
Private

by Armilus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 pm

SuplexGod wrote:
Well, the whole point of creating a guild in World of Warcraft is to play World of Warcraft. The guild <GRIZZLY> (the one that is doing all of the trolling) has had or currently has 3-4 gay people, 1 bi person, and 2 transgendered people. We don't give a shit if you enjoy the company of guys, girls or both. We made the guild to raid, and piss people off, and we are the most tight-knit group of people you'll probably ever meet. You're just perpetuating your victim complex by creating a strictly LGBT, or people that support your "cause", guild. Play WoW to play WoW not bring in your sexual preference as grounds for admission into a guild.

That is the most Tumblr backwards thinking bullshit. IF you want true equality then don't go around using any excuse you can find to build up walls and create animosity. You want the bigotry to stop? Then stop looking at any disagreement as bigotry, and the fact that you state you're the flamboyant type of gay is in itself a form of bigotry and segregation.

No one said anything about sitting down and shutting up. You're again so flustered by casual internet trolling that you've gone into the corner and put your hands over your ears and started screaming, "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Any kind of disagreement by others different from you are taken as bigotry and oppression.

I think you missed the whole point. Being LGBT doesn't seem to be a requirement to join their guild. They advertise as being an LGBT guild for the same reason that pride parades exist. They also want to let other LGBT players know that their guild is an LGBT friendly environment.

Not every gay person is the same. Many have no problem hearing the word 'gay' used as an insult but others have gone through hell. Shit, it's a trigger word for some straight people who were traumatized as kids. While that might sound fantastic for you because you're in a guild full of people who consider harassing someone to the point that they commit suicide the ultimate achievement; there are far more people who would rather not be subjected to that level of immature bigotry without having to hide their identity.

Basically, your argument is "if you don't want to be harassed, then stay in the closet" and to be honest with you, that is pretty fucked up.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters