You don't raid with conflag, ever btw.
sm/ruin or sacrifice spec
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Warlock raiding with 8 debuffs

by TheLockKing » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:12 am

*raises hand*

Considering the debuff limit at launch and how only Onyxia and MC are immune to fire, Conflag is going to be a nice DPS increase every 10 seconds. Sure, shadowbolt spam is the "most efficient" way to DPS but some of us are BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED by spamming a single button and would like a more involved build. So I basically built around paying attention and having nice spiky damage when Nightfall proc'd or Conflag came off cooldown while still being able to spam Shadowbolt constantly.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guirssane » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:16 am

TheLockKing wrote:*raises hand*

Considering the debuff limit at launch and how only Onyxia and MC are immune to fire, Conflag is going to be a nice DPS increase every 10 seconds. Sure, shadowbolt spam is the "most efficient" way to DPS but some of us are BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED by spamming a single button and would like a more involved build. So I basically built around paying attention and having nice spiky damage when Nightfall proc'd or Conflag came off cooldown while still being able to spam Shadowbolt constantly.

"only"? you'll be farming this raid at first, you can't grab conflag dude, if you're bored spamming one button don't play vanilla pve :lol:
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheLockKing » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:54 am

Guirssane wrote:
TheLockKing wrote:*raises hand*

"only"? you'll be farming this raid at first, you can't grab conflag dude, if you're bored spamming one button don't play vanilla pve :lol:

You can grab Conflag. Just can't use it on the bosses that are immune and have to resort to Shadowbolt spamming.

"Then don't take it!" you say. Well that'd be true if I wasn't trying to do an all-around build that fits into most situations neither excelling nor sucking in any. As I said, you can still Shadowbolt spam to your heart's content and be mostly fine. Won't top the charts, but who cares about that?
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by faids4you » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:08 pm

ones does not simply use WF totem without pulling aggro
- Emroy the Cow King
faids4you
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hawthorne » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:56 am

Seen as WoWProivder has ripped can you re-upload pictures of the talent trees or use this site:

The SM/Ruin build I was considering

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IEMbhobkAZZEx0x00z
Hawthorne
Tester

by nervous » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:50 am

Hawthorne wrote:Seen as WoWProivder has ripped can you re-upload pictures of the talent trees or use this site:

The SM/Ruin build I was considering

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IEMbhobkAZZEx0x00z

Drop improved drain soul, pick up grim reach, drop all points in cataclysm, pick up shadowburn, destructive reach, and the last two points are throwaway fillers but most pick intensity.

I'd also suggest dropping the CoA points and maybe 2 points in suppression to max out fel concentration so you can effectively farm, but thats just me.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Denbts » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Can someone provide an image/link of the builds listed in OP? I'm curious to see his version of DS/Ruin.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rivvern » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Yeah, I was going to ask for the same. I can't seem to find any working link to the original specs, even WoWWiki lists them on obsolete wowhead links. Can someone please post them on vanilladb?

Found this SM/Ruin spec on this Feenix thread, but that's about the only one.

Rivvern
Grunt
Grunt

by Shrax » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:43 pm

I plan on going DS/Ruin when I hit 60, but I could not get your talent tree link to load. Perhaps the site is just down temporarily at the time of this post, but I wanted to check and see if I reverse engineered it right:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Ix0 ... 0oZEx0xM0z

Is that essentially it? I figure you put 5/5 Suppression as a new 60 to reduce Curse of Elements/Doom resists and then once you get higher spell hit you phase it out to be 5/5 Imp Corruption, no? Even if it is a DPS loss to cast Corruption, it might as well be there over Suppression if the extra spell hit is just being wasted, I figure.

Other than that, I wonder if I put all my demo talents in the right spot.
Shrax
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock