Warlock Gear List (Updated for 1.8)

Re: The Warlock BiS List (Updated for AV)

by Groza » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:41 am

Alright, I see what was being gotten at with that calculation. It makes sense in that context. Based on the cell name, I was expecting it to show your pure mana gain as opposed to only the additional gains attained through spell power. Pure mana gain per second is a stat I was interested purely because I was curious to see how dps would increase (if at all) as that value increased through gear. That is, more sp/int = more mana per LT = fewer LTs per fight = more time to cast damaging spells.

Actually, I just added up all the mps gains for the BiS pieces. It ends up being about 41 extra mana per LT. That seems pretty significant to me, although I am only level 32 currently, and have not done a raid on this server yet. I suspect that number will also only get larger as we get gear from higher tiers.

I assume this would not affect stat weights at all though, correct? If so, is that because the benefits per point of int or sp would be too small? There is a LOT of (awesome) math here, and I haven't fully had time to wrap my head around all of it yet.
Groza
Grunt
Grunt

by Guybrush » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:21 am

Groza wrote:I assume this would not affect stat weights at all though, correct? If so, is that because the benefits per point of int or sp would be too small? There is a LOT of (awesome) math here, and I haven't fully had time to wrap my head around all of it yet.

For the moment its not affecting, but it would be cool if the stat weights included the mana gains as well in the future.
Would have to work out some sort of relation between the mana and dps values. If you have any suggestions let me know.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ishraqyun » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:37 am

Do we know exactly when T2 head gets its final stats and become better than green lens ? I think it should be 1.8 but I'm not sure at all.
ishraqyun
Tester

by annihilius » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Is it possible to get a BiS enchant list for this patch also? I don't remember which enchants are out in this patch and those that are not yet out.
annihilius
Tester

by Guybrush » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:07 pm

ishraqyun wrote:Do we know exactly when T2 head gets its final stats and become better than green lens ? I think it should be 1.8 but I'm not sure at all.

Patch 1.9

annihilius wrote:Is it possible to get a BiS enchant list for this patch also? I don't remember which enchants are out in this patch and those that are not yet out.

Theres an enchant list on the buffs tab. BiS is:

2x Arcanum of Focus
Weapon - Spell Power
Chest - Greater Stats (Major Mana is almost as good and much cheaper)
Bracer - Greater Intellect
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Karrier » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:54 am

Question:
On the bis set (no raid) you state you can use R8 legs + R7 boots (horde) instead skyshroud and maleki's, for the +23 Sp bonus

Wouldn't be better to use R7 gloves + R8 legs?

Felcloth gloves + R8 legs + R7 boots: 33+30,62+15,02+23 = 101.64 SP
R7 gloves + R8 legs + maleki boots: 21+30,62+28,81+23 = 103.43 SP
Karrier
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guybrush » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:18 am

Karrier wrote:Question:
On the bis set (no raid) you state you can use R8 legs + R7 boots (horde) instead skyshroud and maleki's, for the +23 Sp bonus

Wouldn't be better to use R7 gloves + R8 legs?

Felcloth gloves + R8 legs + R7 boots: 33+30,62+15,02+23 = 101.64 SP
R7 gloves + R8 legs + maleki boots: 21+30,62+28,81+23 = 103.43 SP

Yeah you're right. I'm not horde so I didn't really look into it. Fixed.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cousy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Horde OP. Kappa

I'm interested to see what your spreadsheet has to say about 5 piece t2.5 bonus. I know on ED when we did the math that we had a hard time quantifying the value of 15% shadowbolt mana cost. Thoughts?

(I know AQ is still a ways into the future but I'm interested nonetheless!)
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:41 pm

im alot more interested in what 1.7 and ZG will bring to the warlock tables... OMG BLOODVINE GEAR AND +SPELL HIT!!!!

all i have to say is all y'all's respective guilds better give locks paramount priority for bloodvine, since each raiding lock will require 12 (3 for boots, 4 for legs, 5 for chest)
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 am

Cousy wrote:Horde OP. Kappa

I'm interested to see what your spreadsheet has to say about 5 piece t2.5 bonus. I know on ED when we did the math that we had a hard time quantifying the value of 15% shadowbolt mana cost. Thoughts?

(I know AQ is still a ways into the future but I'm interested nonetheless!)

Should be simple enough to test. Enable the doomcaller set, note down the dps then switch to bloodvine and compare the values.
It will probably come down to fight duration, Doomcaller being better for those longer +5 minute fights.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock