Warlock Gear List (Updated for 1.8)

Re: The Warlock BiS List (Updated for AV)

by brendanv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:29 pm

for horde, pvp boots/pants are bis until either kazzak pants or azuregos boots
brendanv
Grunt
Grunt

by Karrier » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:55 pm

This may be a stupid question

Why it is not the r12 horde warlock leggings on the list (General's Dreadweave Pants)
23 sta, 16 int, 35 spell damage

Skyshroud leggings are in position #2 instead these ones
Karrier
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Karrier wrote:This may be a stupid question

Why it is not the r12 horde warlock leggings on the list (General's Dreadweave Pants)

im going to go out on a limb and say that people who are more focused on PvE content will not rank up that high on the PvP ladder.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Karrier wrote:This may be a stupid question

Didn't put them there since they're irrelevant to 99% of the players and the list had too much clutter already.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by brendanv » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am

really the general gear loses its appeal as well since the sets are reversed, with the 15 stam being 2 set and 6piece being the +sp bonus
brendanv
Grunt
Grunt

by Guybrush » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:50 am

One thing I forgot to mention, the Dragonslayer buff is now available so if you plan on raiding with it enable it in the Buffs tab.
All that extra crit will lower the value of additional crit and int, making some pieces not quite as good.
For example, the Robe of Volatile Power becomes equal with Robe of the Void.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 am

Shadow Wrath suffix confirmed: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17673#p113413

Added the Dragon Finger wand to the list. Stupid rare but it can go up to 21 shadow damage, making it BiS until Naxx.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:29 pm

So I was wondering how good these green items can actually get and I did a little digging in the mangos database.

This is the list of all possible items over level 50 with shadow damage and its respective chance % to get that enchant.
For stock mangos of course, Nostalrius may have changed these values.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... NtzUwWwQo/

Probability of a Dragon Finger to have 21 Shadow = 0.25%. Happy hunting....

Also it seems there's a ridicously low probability (0.1%) for some rings and necks to have spell damage. Anyone seen any of these on Nostalrius?
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Groza » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi, I had a quick question regarding the calculations of "mps per SP" and "Mps per Int." I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure this out. It seems like Mps gained should be equal to,

(# of LTs)*(mana gained per LT) / (fight length)

and therefore Mps/SP should divide that result by your characters SP. Instead, I have noticed that the calculation seems to leave out the base damage/mana gain of Life Tap. The calculation for LT mana gain is,

"ROUNDDOWN((D4+Character!C4*E4)*(1+Talents!E5)*(1+Talents!E15)*(1+Talents!E14)),"

which translates to:

[(LT base damage) + (LT coef.)(SP)] * (talent modifiers),

the result of which can be found in Spells!H4.

This equation makes perfect sense, yet the equation for calculating Mps/SP does not factor in the base damage. Instead, it reads,

(LT coef.)(talent modifiers)(# of LTs) / (fight length)

So where is the base LT damage/mana gain in all of this? Understandably, SP has been divided by here, so it does not show up in that equation. But if you expand the bold equation above, you can see that SP does not just cancel out if you divide by SP. You would still have to divide the base damage by SP.

So am I missing something here? Would love it if someone could shed some light on this. I'm just trying to better grasp the intricacies of this chart so that I can make my own edits for my character while being sure that I am not screwing anything up.

Lastly, the equation for Mps/Int is just 15/SP, and I have no idea where that 15 was derived from. If anyone could point me in the right direction there as well, it would be much appreciated

P.S. feel free to send me answers in PM so that the thread is not derailed with this discussion
Groza
Grunt
Grunt

by Guybrush » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Groza wrote:Hi, I had a quick question regarding the calculations of "mps per SP" and "Mps per Int." I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure this out. It seems like Mps gained should be equal to,

(# of LTs)*(mana gained per LT) / (fight length)

and therefore Mps/SP should divide that result by your characters SP. Instead, I have noticed that the calculation seems to leave out the base damage/mana gain of Life Tap. The calculation for LT mana gain is,

"ROUNDDOWN((D4+Character!C4*E4)*(1+Talents!E5)*(1+Talents!E15)*(1+Talents!E14)),"

which translates to:

[(LT base damage) + (LT coef.)(SP)] * (talent modifiers),

the result of which can be found in Spells!H4.

This equation makes perfect sense, yet the equation for calculating Mps/SP does not factor in the base damage. Instead, it reads,

(LT coef.)(talent modifiers)(# of LTs) / (fight length)

So where is the base LT damage/mana gain in all of this? Understandably, SP has been divided by here, so it does not show up in that equation. But if you expand the bold equation above, you can see that SP does not just cancel out if you divide by SP. You would still have to divide the base damage by SP.

So am I missing something here? Would love it if someone could shed some light on this. I'm just trying to better grasp the intricacies of this chart so that I can make my own edits for my character while being sure that I am not screwing anything up.

Lastly, the equation for Mps/Int is just 15/SP, and I have no idea where that 15 was derived from. If anyone could point me in the right direction there as well, it would be much appreciated

P.S. feel free to send me answers in PM so that the thread is not derailed with this discussion

Hey. No worries about derailing this is what the thread is for.

The base damage is left out on purpose, since the base is always the same regardless of your SP.
Say the base mana of life tap is 420 and you have 10 SP. A lifetap will give you 420 + 10*80% = 428.
Now imagine the base is 200. Lifetapping will give you 200 + 10*80% = 208.
In either case you've gained 8 mana.

So the formula for mana gained per 1 SP is then: 1 * 80% * modifiers * life taps
Does that clear anything up?

About the int formula, 15 is how much mana you get for 1 int point. Assuming you start the fight with full mana, that 1 aditional int will give you 15 mana through the whole fight: mps = 15 / duration

The mps column is just a curiosity anyway. I added it because of all these green pieces without int, to see how they would compare to the gear with int. It doesn't weight on the value column at all.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock