Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for ZG (1.7)

by belshazzaresque » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 pm

hey, could I request a re-post of the old list? I know you said you don't class ZG as a raid but it is. I can't verilly jump into ZG with a shadoweave set and not get kicked :| besides, bloodvine costs 90g per atm, the leggings costing 600G alone w/o any mats last I checked.

also you've not listed a few of the ally alternatives even though the list did pre-ZG (I'm looking at you, songstone of ironforge) makes it kind of awks for any lock who joined TBC+

otherwise, ty for the guide
belshazzaresque
Tester

by Bioness » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:03 pm

belshazzaresque wrote:hey, could I request a re-post of the old list? I know you said you don't class ZG as a raid but it is. I can't verilly jump into ZG with a shadoweave set and not get kicked :| besides, bloodvine costs 90g per atm, the leggings costing 600G alone w/o any mats last I checked.

Botmaster still has many non-ZG items up there. Don't worry about the price of Bloodvine, wait a few weeks and those items will drop down a lot.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by belshazzaresque » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:45 am

Bioness wrote:Botmaster still has many non-ZG items up there. Don't worry about the price of Bloodvine, wait a few weeks and those items will drop down a lot.

I'm not saying there isn't, just that it forms a majority of the pieces now compared to when I checked a few days ago, leaving little choice but running ZG 24/7. personally I'd have just added them in red text (red sounds like raid... kinda) and left the rest in place (as well as add ally alternatives), cause to me the list reads like this

Head: Engi 300, you're not getting one since it's bought out instantly, GO ZG
neck: DM, scholo, wait for DMF
shoulder: scholo, craft, bought out
back: bought out, GO ZG, GO ZG
chest: craft, be a tailor, GO ZG
wrist: DM, bought out, have fun farming WSG
hands: craft, craft, GO ZG
belt: horde AV farm, horde Rep farm, GO ZG
pants: LBRS, craft, GO ZG
feet: strat, bought out, GO ZG
ring: BRD, bought out, GO ZG
trink: UBRS, rare drop, GO ZG (where'd the un'goro chain reward go?)
2H: DM, GO ZG, GO ZG
main hand: GO ZG, GO ZG, horde rep farm
off hand: horde av farm/horde av farm, GO ZG
ranged: strat, bought out, GO ZG

I know you don't need to go to ZG to buy the crafted pieces, but at 90g a bloodvine you'll be fucked otherwise, esp if like me you repped shadoweave from the minute you could wear it til you could start for BiS items so farming DM:E plants is out of the question since you're in mostly +shadow gear instead of +int/+all sp damage.

as it stands this list is just telling people to farm gold 24/7 until you're sick of it then pay someone to make your gear/farm ZG for the items you want for a fee, and then farm BWL, rather than getting pieces from DM, BRD, LBRS, UBRS, MC etc which is a lot more fun (unless you want to pay your IRL money to susan or sinba... then get banned) obv the av farming is going to be easiest since nost is mainly a PVP server provider but that's only 2 pieces (save the R10 pieces which can take weeks to earn)

not to say I don't mind a bit of gold farming, but when it's for most of my options vs just a few... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

and waiting a few weeks for the price to drop doesn't help when I wanna get BiS items NOW so I can fuck people up in AV without feeling like I'm trying to The Insane title and having Princes Theradras' tits permanently burnt into my retina

</rant>

sorry but it's just irk'd me that I have no choice but to pug ZG 24/7. I mean I like it but damn...
belshazzaresque
Tester

by Numi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 am

belshazzaresque wrote:as it stands this list is just telling people to farm gold 24/7 until you're sick of it then pay someone to make your gear/farm ZG for the items you want for a fee, and then farm BWL, rather than getting pieces from DM, BRD, LBRS, UBRS, MC etc which is a lot more fun (unless you want to pay your IRL money to susan or sinba... then get banned) obv the av farming is going to be easiest since nost is mainly a PVP server provider but that's only 2 pieces (save the R10 pieces which can take weeks to earn)

Welcome to vanilla wow, if you want to be useful in raids you need to buy the random world drops, simple as that. You won't be invited to BWL with brd items equipped, so there's no reason to go there really, as you can get in to MC in questing greens.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bioness » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:58 am

belshazzaresque I already said the prices will drop, Bloodvine is already down to 20g and will only get lower. These best in slot lists are exactly what it says on the can; they aren't "here are the top 20 pieces for each slot", they are BEST in slot. I will tell you now, if you think getting those items will cost too much gold, you won't fare well in raids above Molten Core where consumables and full sets of elemental resistances will run you dry.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Pop » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 am

Your bis of the bis list is incorrect.

Tested it on alot of vanilla servers, hit = slightly better then crit.
Can share my testing to you via skype just pm me.

p.s There is some modifications you can do to the current bis list aswell.

anyways nice guide otherwise didnt read it all yet.
- Popco/Popko/Co
Pop
Grunt
Grunt

by Bioness » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:33 am

Pop wrote:Your bis of the bis list is incorrect.

Tested it on alot of vanilla servers, hit = slightly better then crit.

Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by sownu » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Head: Engi 300, you're not getting one since it's bought out instantly, GO ZG
neck: DM, scholo, wait for DMF
shoulder: scholo, craft, bought out
back: bought out, GO ZG, GO ZG
chest: craft, be a tailor, GO ZG
wrist: DM, bought out, have fun farming WSG
hands: craft, craft, GO ZG
belt: horde AV farm, horde Rep farm, GO ZG
pants: LBRS, craft, GO ZG
feet: strat, bought out, GO ZG
ring: BRD, bought out, GO ZG
trink: UBRS, rare drop, GO ZG (where'd the un'goro chain reward go?)
2H: DM, GO ZG, GO ZG
main hand: GO ZG, GO ZG, horde rep farm
off hand: horde av farm/horde av farm, GO ZG
ranged: strat, bought out, GO ZG

you what

Head: Strat UD > easy > 0 gold
neck: Farm scholo > easy > 0 gold > profit from runes/skins
shoulder: craft or buy boe green > easy, cheap 20g or 60g
back: do few AV > easy
chest: craft > cheap 20g
wrist: shitty slot > not cheap or easy 60g
hands: craft > not cheap 120g
belt: do few AV > easy
pants: craft > cheap 20g
feet: Strat UD > easy
ring: BRD > easy
ring2: cheap green 13sp ring 10g
trink: LBRS q, UBRS farm > long but worth it
2H: Farm DM a lot
main hand: Farm DM a lot
off hand: do quest chain for green
ranged: Farm scholo

According to my calculations you need a lot of scholo farm, a lot of DM farm, a lot of UBRS farm and ~240G + 300-400G for bloodvine if you choose that (fucking BiS 3 items for 300-400g, thats insane. Look at how much lionheart helm costs)

You can farm 200G+ in one day watching movies if you can keep up focus.

Rest of items are harder to farm, but shouldnt take you more than a few weeks depending on how often you play.

Compared to other classes (except mages) locks got it super easy.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kikeron » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:27 am

At 39 now. Have only 1 shadoweave piece and the Orb off hand. My imporved VW will lose aggro so often that I am that close to respec full affli with dark pact at 40 and play with succu without mana spending spells :@
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by somecolours » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:13 am

I'm playing in PVE server and currently raiding MC, i do my best at getting my dps up but even with decent gears i still get out-dps-ed by other locks by far, to add i also play with 300-400ms ping but that should not be an excuse i underperform.

In raids usually i just take care of the curses that i've been assigned and spam shadowbolt, also I usually go with all available consumes including flask. Currently using a DS/Ruin spec.

Can i have an input on how to improve my DPS guys? Like what are the better warlocks do in each bosses/trash and what addons can i use to mitigate the input lag?
somecolours
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock