Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for BWL (1.6)

by Botmaster5 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:03 pm

Update 10/11: - Added Chapter 4: Bis of the Bis
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pipes » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 am

I just wanna share my appreciation for this awesome thread and for an awesome Botmaster5. :mrgreen: ;)

Pipes
Grunt
Grunt

by Numi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Might be worth updating the pre-bis to include the Arathi Basin honored belt? It's much much better than frostwolf, but also harder to get.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Numi wrote:Might be worth updating the pre-bis to include the Arathi Basin honored belt? It's much much better than frostwolf, but also harder to get.

*Edit 10/13 - Cleaned up and reordered some items on Pre-Raid BiS, Added AB/WSG pvp gear to pre-raid BiS, removed Ranked PvP gear form pre-raid BiS and added Champion's Dreadweave Cowl and Champion's Dreadweave Spaulders to a special sidenote.
Last edited by Botmaster5 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Numi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:14 am

Botmaster5 wrote:
Numi wrote:Might be worth updating the pre-bis to include the Arathi Basin honored belt? It's much much better than frostwolf, but also harder to get.

*Edit 10/13 - Added AB pvp gear to pre-raid BiS, removed Ranked PvP gear form pre-raid BiS and added Champion's Dreadweave Cowl and Champion's Dreadweave Spaulders to a special sidenote.

r8 has boots and pants are an upgrade if you're not r10 yet and don't have flarecore leggings, might be worth keeping that in a note as the flarecore are a very minimal upgrade.
(You lose a total of 18 damage from boots / pants, but gain a lot of stats and the set bonus for +23 damage).
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for AB items (1.6

by xastofhalla » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Hey, @Botmaster5, i just wanted to say great guide it's extremely helpful and well done! I was curious if you have a PVP guide out there for warlocks aswell? I'd like to know a little more about that side of Vanilla when it comes to locks!

Love your work!
xastofhalla
Tester

by Botmaster5 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Numi wrote:
Botmaster5 wrote:

*Edit 10/13 - Added AB pvp gear to pre-raid BiS, removed Ranked PvP gear form pre-raid BiS and added Champion's Dreadweave Cowl and Champion's Dreadweave Spaulders to a special sidenote.

r8 has boots and pants are an upgrade if you're not r10 yet and don't have flarecore leggings, might be worth keeping that in a note as the flarecore are a very minimal upgrade.
(You lose a total of 18 damage from boots / pants, but gain a lot of stats and the set bonus for +23 damage).

TBH - im probably just going to remove the PVP items completely. honestly, if you are hitting rank 8+, im sure youll know how to gauge gear well enough. that portion of the guide is really for the newest of the new blood

xastofhalla wrote:Hey, @Botmaster5, i just wanted to say great guide it's extremely helpful and well done! I was curious if you have a PVP guide out there for warlocks aswell? I'd like to know a little more about that side of Vanilla when it comes to locks!

Love your work!

I dont :( Call me crazy, but i enjoy some pvp every now and again, but not enough to be any kind of authority to write a pvp guide. all i know about vanilla warlock pvp is what i learned watching old Drakedog videos on youtube
<Titans of War> Xashe
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Numi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:I dont :( Call me crazy, but i enjoy some pvp every now and again, but not enough to be any kind of authority to write a pvp guide. all i know about vanilla warlock pvp is what i learned watching old Drakedog videos on youtube

What kind of content are you looking for? How to gear / spec and enchant or?
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by xastofhalla » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Numi wrote:
Botmaster5 wrote:I dont :( Call me crazy, but i enjoy some pvp every now and again, but not enough to be any kind of authority to write a pvp guide. all i know about vanilla warlock pvp is what i learned watching old Drakedog videos on youtube

What kind of content are you looking for? How to gear / spec and enchant or?

Myself personally am looking for a general guide, like the main idea for spec'ing and playing in PVP.. I know BC Siphon Life/ Soul Link was pretty OP. Basically various specs, the play style they require and basic dps "priority/ rotation" for them!
xastofhalla
Tester

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for AB/WSG Gear (

by Xevilmf » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 am

Love this guide, really helpful. But what about enchants? Same old rusty for everyone? =)
Xevilmf
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock