Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock leveling guide

by ILikeEggs » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:21 pm

That macro is absolutely incredible, thank you Vikterion.
That said, I took it one step further because I'm even more lazy than you guys, and I want to make sure that I *ALWAYS* receive the increased mana regen from getting the killing blow with drain soul, without having to manually stop my pet from attacking. You just remove the shard bags that you aren't using, for example I'm using "Box of Souls" so mine looks like this.

/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/run local a=GetBagName(4); if a=="Box of Souls" then PickupContainerItem(4,GetContainerNumSlots(4)) DeleteCursorItem() else end
/run PetFollow();

I keep all my DOT's active, wand/drain life the mob down while VW tanks, and once it gets below 20ish percent I use this macro, which pulls your pet off guaranteeing you the killing blow and thus the improved mana regen.
Thanks to all of you that have contributed in this thread, made leveling a lot easier. :D
ILikeEggs
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bioness » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:45 am

Nice in-depth guide for when to add points.

I would also like to point out that this spec is also ideal for grinding at max level. All you have to do is DoT up 3-4 mobs while having the Voidwalker demonic sacrifice buff and you'll heal more than what the mobs do in damage.

You will still want Shadow Mastery/Ruin or Demonic Sacrifice/Ruin if you want to do dungeons or raids though.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Numi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Forgot this the last time I posted,

GET A STANDARD MOUNT ASAP

The felsteed costs mana, that means every single time you mount, you stop your mana reg for 5 seconds.

This doesnt sound that bad, but considering youre gearing for mana reg and your mana reg is your limit (other than voidwalker mana reg), its the #2 factor in how fast you level, the 10g you spend on it is easily gained back in speed and grinding before you even hit 60, its that much of a difference.

Also, I love the work youre putting in on this guide! Keep up the good work! :D
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by bobjustice » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:17 pm

I'm not sure the robe quest is that good. What I mean is that there's the super easy to obtain civinad robes. It isn't as good but seems pretty decent and doesn't require you to go all around the world, spend a significant amount of gold on arcana robes or kill fire elementals camped by max level players farming them for gold.
bobjustice
Tester

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide

by Botmaster5 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:24 pm

*Edit 7/13 - Changed name of thread (-leveling), separated content into chapters, added BiS pre-raid gear and pve raid/dungeon specs

Bump for Sticky
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated July 14th

by Cousy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:31 pm

Your pre-raid BiS is way off. A ton of the items you listed were added in later patches:

Turban 1.10
Diana's Pearl 1.10
Banthok Sash 1.10
Dryad's Wrist 1.6
Defilers 1.8
Don Mauricio 1.10
Ironbark 1.8
Mindfang 1.8
Blade of Eternal Darkness is shit until 1.10
Orb of the Darkmoon 1.6

Not to mention you're missing items that are good in 1.4 and 1.5

Maleki's Footwraps (+27 shadow)
Crimson Felt Hat (+30 dmg/heal)
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Cousy wrote:Your pre-raid BiS is way off. A ton of the items you listed were added in later patches:

Turban 1.10
Diana's Pearl 1.10
Banthok Sash 1.10
Dryad's Wrist 1.6
Defilers 1.8
Don Mauricio 1.10
Ironbark 1.8
Mindfang 1.8
Orb of the Darkmoon 1.6

Technically some of these items exist currently, they just suck really bad until they get updated in patch 1.10. I have a Ban'thok sash in my bank, it's green and has horrible stats.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Botmaster5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Cousy wrote:Your pre-raid BiS is way off. A ton of the items you listed were added in later patches:

Turban 1.10
Diana's Pearl 1.10
Banthok Sash 1.10
Dryad's Wrist 1.6
Defilers 1.8
Don Mauricio 1.10
Ironbark 1.8
Mindfang 1.8
Orb of the Darkmoon 1.6

Thanks, I will update the list.

And HWL Greatsword wasn't added till 1.11 as well, but it's in the game. We play on a realm that may be blizz-like, but is also highly customized from the devs. Different sources list items as coming out in different patches (ie. Wowhead has Mindfang added in 1.11.1). I do the best i can with the information at everyone's disposal. But it will ultimately be decided by what our devs decide to put in-game, and what version of the gear. It's information like this that can make this guide better. As more and more gear can be verified as being in-game and viable, let me know (PM or post) and I'll update the guide.

Lets make this the best class guide on Nostalrius.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Denbts » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 pm

AoWow's database lists Nemesis Leggings as giving +39 spell damage (SD). Is that not going to come with the update we get on friday, or did you gloss over them by accident?

Given the relative stats of the blue PvP gear and their potential upgrades, a rank 8 warlock should be using PvP pants and boots for the +23 spelldamage set bonus.

If you look at their best possible replacements, you'll see the following stat disparities:
R7 boots have 10 less SD than Maleki's Footwraps (18 vs 28)
R8 pants have 11 less SD than Nemesis Legguards (28 vs 39)
R7 gloves have 12 less SD than Felcloth Gloves (21 vs 33)

Thus, using PvP boots and pants net you 2 additional SD when you account for the +23 dmg set bonus, boots + gloves nets 1 additional SD and pants + gloves comes out in a wash, with a loss of 23 SD damage in gear stats and a +23 SD bonus.

However, assuming nemesis legguards are not going to have +39 SD with the upcoming patch and skyshroud leggings are in fact BiS as you indicate, R8 pants will have 7 less SD than skyshroud, meaning that the pants + boots combo will yield 6 additional SD (23 - 7+10).

Do we know whether all of the BiS items you've listed will actually be added in the next patch? If not, felcloth hood and amulet of the darkmoon will still be BiS until patch 1.10, among others.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Denbts wrote:Do we know whether all of the BiS items you've listed will actually be added in the next patch? If not, felcloth hood and amulet of the darkmoon will still be BiS until patch 1.10, among others.

Denbts - this is a pre-raid bis list im working on. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to down Rag.
<Titans of War> Xashe
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock