Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for AB/WSG Gear (

by Xentro » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:
Bartolo wrote:So my question is what will be my raiding rotation for pre 1.4 patch?

2, 1, 1, 1 [...] 1, 1, 1, mousewheel left-click, 1, 1, 1, mousewheel left-click, 1, 1, 1, mousewheel left-click, 1, 1, 1,.... repeat until dead

in all honestly, test to see if you still have access to DS/MD/Ruin as a spec, if so, go that route.

Just OOI, you recommend this spec because it used to be bugged and you could get both the DS and MD buff right? This is not a viable spec on the pvp server i guess?
Laure Human Warlock - Alliance
Xentro
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Xentro wrote:Just OOI, you recommend this spec because it used to be bugged and you could get both the DS and MD buff right? This is not a viable spec on the pvp server i guess?

correct, it was patched out a few patches ago.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bartolo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:15 am

Hi thanks for the reply.

So how did "DS/MD/Ruin" worked?

I have done this this with this build: Summon Succubus, then I get the MD buff, then I DS the bitch, and I get the MD buff replaced with Touch of Shadow.

Do I need to do something different or it is fixed for us in PVE too?
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Bartolo wrote:So how did "DS/MD/Ruin" worked? Do I need to do something different or it is fixed for us in PVE too?

summon succubus, sac her, then have someone rez her. it worked on the PvP server until partway through 1.5 iirc.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bartolo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:47 pm

i have tested it with a Shaman level 49, I sac the bitch, got ToS, then he resurected her and my buff got replaced with MD.

I'm trying again in raid later tonight, but I think is not working in the PVE server.
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by somecolours » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:02 am

Can a pre-1.4 warlock with some pre-raid bis gears farm mara too?
I imagine it's going to be much harder since i don't have access to later gears.

If yes then what build should i roll? DS/Ruin isntead of SM/Ruin for improved pets and stamina?
somecolours
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:05 am

somecolours wrote:Can a pre-1.4 warlock with some pre-raid bis gears farm mara too?
I imagine it's going to be much harder since i don't have access to later gears.

If yes then what build should i roll? DS/Ruin isntead of SM/Ruin for improved pets and stamina?

you should be able to do Tinker and Princess with some pre-raid bis. rotgrip may prove to be a little too difficult without gear
<Titans of War> Xashe
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sownu » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Can a pre-1.4 warlock with some pre-raid bis gears farm mara too?

I am SM/ruin and pre-raid geared. Basically 300sd 3k hp 4k mana and 13% crit.

I can currently do tinker and princess with no problems at all but rotgrip is tricky: Like, if im full mana when void is dead and get 1 or 2 sb crits, or nf proc, he dies easy. If void loses aggro too fast or i dont crit at all or i missclick something i die.

I would skip rotgrip and just farm tinker/princess and only try croc to practice when ss is about to run out until decent enough gear.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:44 pm

sownu wrote:I am SM/ruin and pre-raid geared. Basically 300sd 3k hp 4k mana and 13% crit.

I can currently do tinker and princess with no problems at all but rotgrip is tricky: Like, if im full mana when void is dead and get 1 or 2 sb crits, or nf proc, he dies easy. If void loses aggro too fast or i dont crit at all or i missclick something i die.

I would skip rotgrip and just farm tinker/princess and only try croc to practice when ss is about to run out until decent enough gear.

Try this. Open with curse of doom, SL, and corruption. wand until corr/sl falls off, reapply and wand again. you want to be start spamming shadowbolts before your VW dies. If you are lucky you will rip aggro off your vw b4 he dies. Sac if be gets really low and continue to spam shadowbolts. Hope you get a crit in the last 12 secs of CoDoom, the tic will consume an ISB stack and do alot more ramage. only deathcoil ortgrip off you if you get too many of his stacking debuff, this will let them reset.
<Titans of War> Xashe
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for ZG (1.7)

by Botmaster5 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:40 pm

*Edit 11/29 - Updated pre-raid BiS to include items from ZG and ZG rep. Changed the shade of blue to make it easier to read.
<Titans of War> Xashe
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock