Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for AB/WSG Gear (

by Boroda » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Tell me how were scattered talents in 5.5.41 which played Drakedog and Seuche.
Boroda
Tester

by Xentro » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Ok so I've been farming mara for a while now and even made some cash (yay!) but I'm wondering about one small thing. In all my runs so far I've only ever tried killing Rotgrip the first few tries and I really couldn't kill him (I would overaggro VW most of the time or he would just die). Do you guys think this is mostly a gear problem? I don't have many stats except for +shadow dmg. Or would this maybe be easier in a SM/Ruin spec instead of a DS/Ruin one? I'm just asking because goblin and princess take a long time to travel to but Rotgrip really doesn't when princess is dead, so this would probably significantly increase my g/hr. Thanks in advance for any responses!

EDIT: My realmplayers hasn't updated in a bit, I do have Felcloth Gloves and Sash of Whispered Secrets atm.
Laure Human Warlock - Alliance
Xentro
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Xentro wrote:Ok so I've been farming mara for a while now and even made some cash (yay!) but I'm wondering about one small thing. In all my runs so far I've only ever tried killing Rotgrip the first few tries and I really couldn't kill him (I would overaggro VW most of the time or he would just die). Do you guys think this is mostly a gear problem? I don't have many stats except for +shadow dmg. Or would this maybe be easier in a SM/Ruin spec instead of a DS/Ruin one? I'm just asking because goblin and princess take a long time to travel to but Rotgrip really doesn't when princess is dead, so this would probably significantly increase my g/hr. Thanks in advance for any responses!

EDIT: My realmplayers hasn't updated in a bit, I do have Felcloth Gloves and Sash of Whispered Secrets atm.

when i do it, i make sure to weat 5pc felheart or nem for the pet boosts
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Numi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Whenever I farm I wear mainly pvp gear for the effective health vs physical, but I recommend DS / Ruin over SM / Ruin for farm, because voidtalents and the ability to sac him for insane hp regen.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xentro » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Alright thanks, btw for you maraudon farmers, I want to remind you/let you know that this exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K3oTqHaG1Q
Xentro
Private
Private

by sownu » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:58 am

Or would this maybe be easier in a SM/Ruin spec instead of a DS/Ruin one?

I dont know, i cant kill croc either (as a fresh 60 250sd sm/ruin). Void dies at like 70-80% left. I can bring rotgrip down to 20-40% comfortably but then start to run out of hp/mana and die. Best try was 10% hp when i got some lucky crits so i will just try later when i have replaced all those greens lol. But seeing as you got better gear than me you should be able to.

Just try him whenever you have SS up or its about to run out, you should get few good tries in without deaths messing up farm.

here's a vid i made, detailing how to farm mara as sm/ruin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkhAvPPUkVQ

This helped immensely. Thanks for making that.

Does anyone know about guides to farming DM ? as i see some people are doing that instead but i have no idea what they are doing and couldnt find any info.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Numi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:32 pm

sownu wrote:
I dont know, i cant kill croc either (as a fresh 60 250sd sm/ruin). Void dies at like 70-80% left. I can bring rotgrip down to 20-40% comfortably but then start to run out of hp/mana and die. Best try was 10% hp when i got some lucky crits so i will just try later when i have replaced all those greens lol. But seeing as you got better gear than me you should be able to.

Remember to save Death Coil for when you have a few stacks of the bleed so that you can reset it, that's where most of the damage comes from.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bartolo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi there.

Excelent post I used it all the way through 60 in the PVE server.

So my question is what will be my raiding rotation for pre 1.4 patch?
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xentro » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 pm

If you have DS, summon succubus and sacrifice it. (If you have SM, skip this step)

Apply the curse assigned to you by the lock CL (recklessness, elements, shadow,...).

Spam Shadowbolt.

If you get low on mana, Life Tap.
Xentro
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Bartolo wrote:So my question is what will be my raiding rotation for pre 1.4 patch?

2, 1, 1, 1 [...] 1, 1, 1, mousewheel left-click, 1, 1, 1, mousewheel left-click, 1, 1, 1, mousewheel left-click, 1, 1, 1,.... repeat until dead

in all honestly, test to see if you still have access to DS/MD/Ruin as a spec, if so, go that route.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock